Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 10:06

Plan: Atkins pre-maintenance
Stats: 206/164/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 69%
Question Need some carb advice

My carbs keep falling under 20/day, and I'm starting to be hungry--RAVENOUS in the mornings--and headachy at various times during the day. Could someone plese stop by my journal and give me some advice on eating more carbs--like what kinds and when? I'd like to be around 25-30 carbs per day right now, and I'm not getting there.

I am finding the low-carb breads to be very helpful, and they do not seem to stall me or cause cravings. I limit them to one serving per day (either 1 bagel (6), or two slices of bread (6), or 6 crackers (2)).

I'm eating more verggies than I ever have in my whole life--I even eat spinach for breakfast most of the time!

Thanks for any help.

Ann at Howcross Castle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 11:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Post Ann

Hello and welcome!

Maybe you could try adding some nuts for that extra something.. or cheese for snacks. also I find that if I eat several small things I feel much better. Little things like nuts,cheese,and salad dressings add up in carbs. Just making minor changes can keep you at your 25 grams or which ever you feel comfortable. The main thing I've noticed is I require more than 20g to feel good. I usually eat about 30g sometimes more,because I feel better. You have to experiment and see what your personal intake should be.. Good LUCK..
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Also you may want to add butter to your veggies, cook in olive oil and get the fats up there. They tend to satisfy me. Maybe if you could trade in one of the bread products for a bigger portion of something else...a cobb salad, omelet, etc. you may get more bang for your buck.

Good luck.

#4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 15:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This might also be the time to start thinking LC fruits like berries. The nuts are a good idea, assuming they don't already cause you problems. Upping fats will help keep you full - you could try more foods like avocados and olives, good fats and more carbs - two birds with one stone

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 20:08

Plan: Atkins pre-maintenance
Stats: 206/164/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 69%

Thanks, all. Excellent ideas all arround.

Whatever you do, do NOT look at my journal for today.

Ann