Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/160/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Running

I am new to this (LC WOL). I started running a couple of months ago and am really impressed with the results. I am up to around 5-6 miles 4 or 5 times a week. I was wondering if anyone else out there is a new, highly motivated running LC-er?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/138/115 Female 5'2''
BF:
Progress: 34%
Talking

Welcome!

Hello Becca,
My name's is Raquel. No I'm not much of a runner because my ankles are kind of weak from dancing for 4yrs, so I an run but not for 4 or 5 mile like you do. I wish I could though that would be awesome. Instead for cardio I do 45min. on the elleptical machine which belive it or not it kicks butt...

Anywho... I just wanted to welcome you, your are welcome to drop me a line from time to time if you need me...
Talk at ya later,
Raquel
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 17:36

Stats: 155/148/135
BF:36
Progress: 35%
Question Scared LC will make me weak for running

Hello Becca,

I have also been running pretty hard for a couple of months. I've always been a runner for years off and on. I am also up to 4-6 miles, but have just re-committed myself to LC WOE after the holidays and am afraid I will not have the energy anymore to run like before. I felt so weak and tired the last time I did this WOE. Also, no running publications advocate LC. I also watched Bob Greene yesterday on Oprah and he said that no athlete can sustain their performance on a LC diet. He said you won't find true athletes on this diet. It makes me so confused because I really want to lose weight, but I also want to get in the best physical shape I've ever been in in my life. What do you think?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 21:47

Stats: 205/157/140
BF:45%/33%/22-25%
Progress: 74%
Default Running

Hi:
I began running last Spring and was up to about 10-15 avg miles a week. I'm just recovering from a knee injury so I'm slowly restarting my running program. My goal is to run in a 5K or 10K in 2003. In the height of my running during my modest long runs (5+miles), I used Propel-Gatorade during the run & a LC Atkins bar after. I found while I was actively in my running program, I ate lots of veggie carbs, a few fruit carbs plus a LC bar daily (for energy) and still lost weight. Now with limited exercise, every extra carb = stall or weight gain.

Last edited by WillBe135 : Sat, Jan-04-03 at 21:49.