Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/262/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Inches

Since I found this forum I think that I have read just about everything that I could get my cursor on. I kept hearing people harping about you need to take measurements and your body is just adjusting to the weight loss in it's own way. No offense, but all I could think is "What a load of crap".

So I decided to start measuring myself. What can I say except I am a believer. I'm one of those people that has always relied on the scale to show me my results. Well the scale evidently went on strike at my house for about a week so I thought what the heck I'll humor myself and start measuring. Since I was sceptical I only measured my waste. Well one week and 1-3lbs my waste had shrunk 1.5 inches. Needless to say my new hobby is going to be measuring by body everywhere I can reach.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

OK, if you were a skeptic about the tape measure - you are probably a skeptic about the water thing also. Drink your water - it really, really will make a big difference!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:00

BF:

The water thing is something that I have taken seriously. I drink 100-200+oz a day.

Water just makes me feel good.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:32

Stats: 140/130/125
BF:?/26/20
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up

WOW! And I though I drank a lot of H2O. You must be in the bathroom all the time!

Suzanne
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:56

BF:

Sometimes I think it would make my day easier if I just moved my desk in the restroom.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 10:52

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Dennis...

Isn't it amazing how our body can be losing inches (fat literally melting away) when it doesn't show on the scale. If I had gone by the scale this whole time I may have given up...but, fortunately I was keeping measurements and watching how my clothes were fitting. I knew I was losing weight even when it didn't show up on the scale. WTG!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I wish I had measured my upper arms before beginning. (I still haven't measured anything.) There are some shirts of mine which were snug around the arms before the WOE, and are hanging off of me loose now. But, my stomach seems to be the point of greatest resistance, which is kind of odd according to the books. I should be losing inches around the waist - and I have lost some - but not like the loss in my legs and arms. Even my feet and hands are noticeably smaller. Yet, after 59 lbs, I'm still wearing the same waist size - and they weren't TERRIBLY tight when I began. They're looser now, but I'm definitely not ready to move down (dangit).