Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 22:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/112
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default miracle whip?

hey all..this os my first post ever in here,i read quite frequently,but havent posted as of yet..i had a question..i wonder if miracle whip is allowed during induction...it has 2gm carb per tablespoon...i am otherwise in no way of exceeding 20g of carbs..any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:15

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%

It's not necessarily allowed, but you do what you do. For instance a lot of people drink regular coffee and it's not "allowed" either.

If you can skip it, do. It might cause you to want more. One of the ideas of induction is to get as much crap out of your system as possible. But if you can't eat tuna without it, I'd say eat it. It's definitely a mayo/miracle world.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnetteW
It's definitely a mayo/miracle world.

Wow, isn't that the truth!. I was a die hard miracle whip fan until LCing. I hated mayonaise. At the beginning I used MW but sparingly, and always counted the carbs. Funny thing is, if you actually try mayo, it isn't that bad. There are some things where mayo is much better. Chicken salad only tastes right with mayo. Tuna salad only tastes right with MW. Mayo tastes better for the recipes where cooking or baking is required, since it doesn't have that overpowering taste. (my opinions only )The point is, I've switched from MW to mayo as the creamy spread of choice. Mayo, thinned with olice oil and punched up with assorted spices makes a wonderfully creamy dip or salad dressing.

Funny thing about LCing. We get so many opportunities to try new foods and new combinations that we would never have tried. That old saying "Try it. You'll like it" is so true!