Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 09:39
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Got Winter Cravings?

Cravings are naturally stronger in winter. Insulin levels are naturally higher and fat is easier to put on. Weight loss can be slowed or stalled or even reversed. In the winter an insulin surge and cravings can be caused by smells too--sweet smells, spicy smells, frying/oily smells. Cravings can even be caused by air freshener!! These things have less to do with the individual and his/her will power and determination (or lack thereof) and more to do with a natural seasonal cycle and genetic survival mechanism.

Many people are affected by seasonal changes who don't necessarily suffer full blown SAD. Read here
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I live in San Diego and I'm affected by the seasons. Most of my life I've found late dec and jan tough months and feb I just start to come out of my cave.

I have been having a very hard time surrounded by all the food at my job. They keep a huge stock of stuff I can smell right by my desk and I'm a complete failure all week while at work. Today its pancakes and waffles, when I walked in I could smell the syrup, the sweet waffle smell and even the whipped butter. At lunch it will be pizzas, nachos and Mexican entrees. I haven't found any craving reducing diet strong enough to beat this.

nancy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 11:57
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Nancy
Hang on and hang in there! Spring will make it better. Meanwhile try a little fan for your desk to blow the smells away. See if you can move the desk or the food, temporarily.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

thank you Zule,
You totally empowered me to move the food. I put it all in the lunchroom and sent out an email and the whole company made a party out of it all, I think the secretary was being a little lazy and just kept dumping it off at my desk. I felt really good seeing everyone else enjoying it for a change.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 14:08
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I'm glad. It's probably like the Hellers say. You have to make your WOE and your health your priority and take the steps demand/ask for what you need in order to stick to it.