Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I Cheated During Induction Should I Start Again ?

Maybe the holidays are not the best time to start I have done well and cut out the sodas, beer, chips and candy however went out to eat 3 times and totally did not follow the induction limits. Should I start again or just proceed from here back on the program ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

The way I look at this is that once you begin this way of life, you're never off of it. You may choose to go off of the plan occasionally and you may choose to not follow it as strictly as you want, but you're never really OFF unless you give it up altogether. So, in my opinion, don't leave Induction until you're ready for the next step, but there's no need to start over, either. That's just my opinion, though.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 22:31

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

The rules of induction for Atkins specify that you should be on induction for at least 2 weeks....following it exactly. so, unlike freydis, I'd say yes, you should restart.

I feel that the best thing about induction, to me, is that it gets you over the carb dependency. And to do that, you need a good period of time....not just a day or two. If you follow induction your body will "detoxify" itself from sugars. You'll probably feel really lousy for the first few days, but then you'll find that you have little or no desire for carbs.

That being said, maybe it's best if you wait until after the holidays to restart induction....and in the meanwhile watch what you're eating, read labels, read and reread the book....get your self psyched. Then restart when you know you'll be able to stick with it!

There are too may things related to food around the holidays. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just watch what you're doing and prepare yourself for your future!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 07:43

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%

I agree that if you can't do an almost perfect induction to hold off till you can. But if you can follow it and only have a few flubs, you are off to a great start and will probably start seeing results.

Follow it best you can, and hit it hard on the day 1 of your choice.

Induction was probably the best thing I could have done to my body. It definitely got me off a carb dependency, and I'm slowly adding them back in now.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/194/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

If you are slipping and sliding and you feel the holidays are a difficult time for you to totally commit yourself - my advice would be to follow Atktins as best that you can and start full induction as soon as you can. My opinion is it is better to commit yourself to that full cleanout and consider that your start time. DON'T HOWEVER use the holidays as an excuse for a full blown binge.
Just hold the fort as best you can - forgive yourself for the mistakes you make and move forward. Start full induction at a time that is calm so you can concentrate on that goal (finishing induction)
Erika