Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 08:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/182/145
BF:
Progress: 12%
Talking I cant believe I did it......

I lost 3 pounds already and only started Atkins on thursday. I am so happy about this. Before to lose 3# would take weeks. I feel much better now that see the weight loss. I was one of those sceptical ones about this diet since you eat fattening foods.

Buffy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Buffy!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! You have really gotten off to a terrific start. I have lost 37 pounds and 13 inches since August 1st, and I still worry about the type of food we eat. I love the food and it has been great but it goes against everything I ever learned about weight control. It is almost lunchtime and I am thinking about wether I should have hamburger patties with cheese, hot wings, clam dip, or a salad with bacon...................I worked for YEARS on low-cal dieting and I always DREADED the stuff I had to eat. Even with my weight loss, I am surprised everday that it works!!

Welcome aboard!!! The forum can be a terrific place to check in, make friends, and get support when you need it. Cindi
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 17:13

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Buffy
Please note that you can also lose many INCHES on ATkins as well as pounds. If you weigh yourself too much, you can become discouraged if you dont see a drop. I have lost over 50 lbs and tehre were some weeks where I didnt lose a pound, but I lost over 6 inches!!!!!!!!
Just an FYI. You may want to take "before" measurements of the major areas--hips, waist, arms, etc. so you can compare each month.

Also, dont go against the pant-o-meter. If your clothes are fitting better, than you are doing something right-no matter WHAT that scale says.

Congrats on teh loss-keep it up!!!

Vicki

You may also not want to refer to this as a "diet". Think of it as a way of eating or a way to make better choices for your body. You cant go back to eating junk, etc. or you will gain it right back so you want to use this forum, use your friends on here to help you make this a permanent way of life! KEEP THAT OFF GIRL! 3 lbs gone forever!!!!

Last edited by VictoriaT : Mon, Dec-09-02 at 17:14.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 07:30

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Hi Buffy

Welcome to the world of low carbing! Congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the LCing and it will pay off.

I started low carbing about 4 years ago. Lost over 60 pounds (210 down to 145pounds) I kept the weight off for a few years, still following a reduced low carb, now I put on a little weight and I am here to get back on track before I am back to where I started.

Even though my stats don't show it, I have had alot of sucess with this WOE.