Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 10:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/204/180
BF:
Progress: 20%
Red face Starting the Experience..Dragging On...

Started the 'induction' two weeks ago today. The results? Lost 9 lbs.; peeing enough to put out a fire; no energy...just dragging through the day. Bought some k-stixs and it's always negative.

Want to lose 30 lbs and get down to 180....

At first, started to eat all the bacon and eggs and stuff, now my appetite isn't so great.

Had the hershey-squirts for awhile but seems to have went away just before the peeing floodgates opened up.

I am on the right track?

According to the 'book' I'm supposed to be burning fat now and the k-stixs should show positive. I'm also supposed to have this burst of energy. Instead I'm napping like an 80 yr old.

Just wondering. Sticking with it but need insight....

thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 11:05

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Hang in there~

Hi there~ Welcome~
You are losing weight so induction is working..........if I were you, in my humble opinion, I would just hang in there..........this is a new way of eating and it might take your body several weeks to adjust. You will probably be feeling a lot better, ie more energy soon.........for me it was always by the fourth day I was suddenly doing cartwheels!!!
Hope the forum helps, there's a lot of great support to be found here~ Keep up the good work~
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 11:20
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Are you taking any supplements? A multi vitamin, potassium and a cal/mag blend could work wonders.

Here's a link to more information on the above.

Ketosis is a natural appetite suppressant, so it is indeed working for you. Try eating smaller amounts spread throughout the day instead of three large meals. And, "peeing like a race horse" is a good sign! Remember to include plenty of LC vegetables and drink lots of water.

You may want to reread the chapter in DANDR on Ongoing Weight Loss now to refresh your memory on the next step.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 03:25

BF:
Smile thanks

Thank you for the encouragement- both of you (AlluraD & Karen). Since yesterday I've been feeling alot better. More energy, not a burst but more....
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 03:53
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Did you by any chance stop drinking coffee at the same time?

And if you are not taking the supplements I mentioned, now would be a perfect time to start.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 06:31

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default *s*

Just wanted to drop in and say hello~ Glad you are feeling a little better.
Have you thought about posting what you are eating? It's a good way to make sure you are actually getting enough. Sorry I haven't checked but have you started a journal yet?? That way people can stop in and see how you are doing~
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 02:23

BF:

Journal? I gotta check to see how to do that.

I finished my 2 week induction and started to eat a little more veggies. although my appetite is not that strong. Is that okay?

When I first started and had about 8 pieces of bacon and 4 eggs. Now all I want is one egg and tea. trying not to skip meals though.

Although I wouldn't call it a craving, I starting to get tired of the same food and trying to find other options with LC.

The recipes look great but I'm not cook.

I did make a taco salad without the chips; and corned beef and cabbage is always good. I was a 'chain-rice eater' so I'm determined not to go back.

Right now, I'm stuck at 202 for the last 3 days. Looking forward to break the 200 mark.

clothes feel alot better though and my strength is beginning to get back to normal. I'm drinking a lot more water out of thirst. Don't have to force it anymore.

Started taken potassium and a multi-vitamin. Also chewable vitamin C. It's my 'candy' now.

I miss peanut butter sandwiches and milk.

Thanks again for the support...this is a good thing over here....