Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/106
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Depressed

Been feeling very depressed..i didn't dare to step on the scale..i feel fat all over. I thot i lost a little inch around my waist area and my tummy area,but just a moment ago after my dinner, i went to try on a skirt,which used to be a little loose but now it's tight..

I feel that i have never lose that wt neither did i lose any inches in fact i feel horrible i feel like i gained morethan before...

I know to alot of ppl at 110punds are considered underwight.But my size does not tell me so. I don't know what to do...i have been eating proteins and fats, and my carb veges but...

Morn is usual egs,bacons or sausages

lunch will be my a cup of veges with tuna/eggs/chicken/ham togheter with mayo

dinner wil be chicken,fish or pork and my veges.

Snacks will be cream cheese and sometimes cream with unsweetened cocoa

can anybody tell me, am i going the right way?

Tru out these 3 weeks i never really feel i have lost wt or anything.I don't know and i just feel like crying...i feel fat whenever i eat or when my stomach is bloated i feel my waist is bigger than b4.I hate it..

...sorry i just thot of venting out my emotions....coz i really feel terrible inside..thanks for hearing me out anyway...

Wish you luck to all people out there who is trying struggling...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:31
Registered Member

Stats: 260/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:

At 165 centimeters (which is 5 feet, 5 inches according to my conversion chart), you are already underweight. Give your body a break!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I'm always a little thicker in the middle during my TOM. Would it happen to be near for you?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 14:56

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Exclamation Aaccckkk!!

What are you doing??!!??!!??

At your height and weight you sound like you are already underweight. I am concerned that you would think you need to lose weight still.

Do you have friends/family that can see you and would be honest and let you know if you need to lose weight?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 16:47
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cherie, if you are still this unhappy, I think it is time you saw a counsellor to help you come to terms with your body image.
Ask your doctor for a referral.

The reason you are not losing more weight is that your body knows more than you do. It does not like being underweight and is trying desperately to hold on to whatever it can.

Please look after yourself and see your doctor.

Rosebud
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 18:14

Plan: own version of LC
Stats: 180/163/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Cherie....

Please be good to yourself! Taking into consideration your height and weight, I would say you are tiny. My daughter is 5'6" and weighs about 115 and she is tiny too! She sometimes says she is getting fat especially her stomach...and I say oh puleese! She wears a size 2 maybe a 4 now but she does look better than she did once she gained some weight! It could be you just have a thick waist. Back in high school I was 5'8" and weighed around 118. I thought my stomach was fat etc. I wore a size 10 and other girls wore size 8 or 6. I was thinner than most others but I didn't think so. I just had a thick waist which I blew out of proportion in my head. I guess it all goes to self image which I have always had a problem with. I would also suggest counseling. It always helps me especially when I get very depressed. When I get that low, I hate my body and looks which is a distortion I now realize. Take care sweetie.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 21:16
Registered Member

Stats: 130/130/106
BF:

Thanks for everybody's concern. I think Nem is rite. i do have a thicker waist than the others.That's why i feel fat especially after my meals. As i feel full n bloated.

I think it's the body image that each indiviual holds to themselves and their expectation of it.U guys really make me feel better.THanks Alot. I am just trying to learn still and cope with the kind of body i wanted always god knows ever since when.

Just kinda sensitive over the way i feel..nevertheless thanks alot!!!

Rgds,
and good luck !!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 07:54

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally posted by cheriedaz
i do have a thicker waist than the others.That's why i feel fat especially after my meals. As i feel full n bloated.

Umm why do you measure yourself right after you eat?

You do know that when you eat, your body has to make ROOM for the food you consume right? And whatever you eat, if it's an 8 oz steak you will gain 1/2 pound on the scale.

I really think you need to see a counselor for an eating disorder my dear. You have the classic symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa .

I would highly recommend you seek out a doctor or counselor before you land yourself in a hospital and having to be force fed through tubes.