Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 16:36

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Hey Julie!

I'm glad you are picking yourself and starting at it again! Don't ever give up. Get your focus back and forgive yourself for the past couple of days.

I had a really tough day today... It's rather funny, but it did kind of throw me a bit!

My hubby wanted to get me a Mickey Mouse tattoo for Christmas. Tattoo parlors are illegal in this state so people have to go to NC to get them. My hubby was off today, so he wanted to go check them out. We got there and decided to go ahead and get it done. I hadn't eaten in a while and it was lunch time but I thought I would be okay! I should know from past experience that before I have anything done that might even be mildly upsetting that I should eat first, but I'm thick skulled. I was fine for a while and then all the sudden I got hot and lightheaded and my hubby said the guy set his stuff down and said, "She's gonna pass out"... and I did!

I never did fall out of the chair, but they got me revived and gave me some soda to drink(the first "no no")and got me cooled off and feeling good enough to finish it. Thank goodness he was almost done! I felt embarrassed but then the guy said that it is very common for people who get it done the first time and not to feel badly.

When we left we stopped to get burgers to eat, so I had a burger and diet soda(no salad), but it was still within the 1 hour of having 1/2 a can of soda, so at least I did manage that much. I felt better after that and have been okay ever since, but I'm having to treat that as my RM and will have a CM for dinner tonight. I would much rather have had my RM tonight and had something I'd enjoy more, but I surprisingly haven't sweated over it any and am ready to get back on my "normal" schedule again.

So, I hope that gives you a bit of a chuckle and also makes you feel better about your situation. Just realize that obstacles will jump out every now and then, but they can be overcome.