Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 06:18

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default So who overdid it on Thanksgiving

And what do you do if you did? I did unfortunately so should I do anything different from normal today to fix my bad day yesterday?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 06:51

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Hey Yvonne,

Well, my Thanksgiving went way better than I even planned. We had dinner with my hubby's family at 1. I had planned to have my RM at that time, but once I got there, I realized that a lot of what was there looked good, but I didn't really care if I ate it or not... So, I had made a salad that I took(and I was probably the only one who ate any of it! lol)so I could fill up some on that and then I just had turkey, green beans and deviled eggs.

They always keep the food in the kitchen and we do it cafeteria style, which makes it easier, so once I sat down and ate, I felt satisfied and wasn't tempted by anything. I ended up waiting until last night to have my RM and I did allow myself some pie and ice cream and a cookie, which was more than I usually do, but I was able to stop after that and was really proud of myself!

#3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 10:34
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I had a perfect day too. I ate CMbreakfast late and a little heavy deliberately in case dinner was late, it was. At dinner I had cooked shrimp, cocktail sauce (probably had a little sugar in it so I stopped using it), and cheese about 1 1/2 hours before dinner. For dinner I had my reward meal and ate unbalanced but well. Didn't overdo/overstuff. Kept to the 60 minuts. In fact it was funny because I just finished my glass of sparkling cider and called "Time".
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 11:07

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Thanksgiving

I ate a big steak & eggs breakfast, then had TG dinner at noon. I ate way too much, and way too much of the carby goodies. But then I was not hungry the rest of the day and ate nothing else. Ready to be back in the groove today!

Lila
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 11:51

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Our dinner wasn't until 6pm. So I had two true CMs.

TG dinner was soo good, and I had everything I wanted, but I did go over the hour, and I did have a little bit too many carbs. But I felt good and full after it was all done and didn't care to eat anything else.

BUT I looked on the scale and only gained .5 lbs! Which was surprising because I expected more. But I think relatively, I didn't do TOO bad!

Now to keep on trucking until Xmas. That is the worst one because of all of the sugar cookies... my favorite... Oh well, I'll save it for RM, and who knows, I may not even like them anymore!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 18:45

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Oh my Gawd.. you guys are SOOOO good! I was not good. I dunwannatalkaboutit.

Suffice it to say that gran marnier was not in the plan. Neither was bolting back to 140 in one night (I was at 136.5 on Thurs Morn!!!!

BUT... today I'm back on track, had my eggs for B-fast, a nice lunch of turkey and vegies, and dinner was a filet minon, lare salad, broccoli, and shrimp with a red wine ... and a slice of apple pie made with splenda. Not too bad.

So I'm ready for tomorrow!

Glad you guys did so well, really I am, honest :

love you guys.. keep up the great work,
Joanie
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 19:19

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I had a great day, but then, I had the day I planned to have. I made no attempt whatsoever to stay on plan. The only thing I planned to do, and did, was to not overeat at dinner. DH also made efforts in that direction, and we were both well-pleased.

I had coffee w/ CoffeeMate during the morning while I cooked, ate some stuffing, had the entire dinner and finished up w/ pumpkin pie and whipped cream in bed.

So my only real break was eating carbs outside of RM.

My weight went up a bit, but nothing drastic, and I am sure it's water weight from the extra carbs. It will come off soon.

I will do the same at Christmas and New Year's and Easter, too.....I figger that this lifetime WOL can stand a few breaks.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 05:21

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Skyspinner, I like your attitude! You seem so laid back about it and ya know, you're right. This is a lifetime thing.

It's morning now. My new hubby is asleep and I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but rings are loose so I must be okay again.

Joanie
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 08:08

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile

Hi Everyone

Do you know your all so good and relaxed about this WOL. I wish I were more like that - especially after these past couple of days.

Well done to everyone - whether you've kept to CAD or not
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 19:23
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Progress: 77%

Joanie, I'm with you. I was *totally* bad on Thanksgiving Day... And on Friday, AND on Saturday, and... no wait - I was good on Sunday.

Yuck. It was nice but now it's over.

I've lost most of what I gained during those BAD days.

Christmas is coming, so that will be hard, but I'll be good until then, I promise!!!