Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 12:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/183/135
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Just Starting...Need Support

Hi! I'm started Atkins today. I had success with Atkins a few years ago and I am looking forward to feeling great again! I'd appreciate any comments about successful weight loss in the first few weeks. Also, I never seemed to lose if I ate any lettuce. Has anyone else had this problem?? Wish me luck! DixieGirl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 13:18
Registered Member

Stats: 188/164.5/150
BF:
Progress: 62%

Welcome Dixie Girl!!!!!
My suggestion would be to list all your foods on fitday.com. It allows you to see what your carb and calorie intake are, as well as going to the reports section to see if you are getting the proper nutrients.
I can't imagine that lettuce could cause a problem with weight gain. Some of the more experienced people here suggest you start a journal and list your foods.....that way, they can analyze and see if there is a problem.
I wish you lots of luck.....this is a great way of eating.
Remember, drink your water......LOTS of it!!
Kay
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 13:20

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello DixieGirl,
Welcome I have just started over too there is so much good advice on this BB. If you start a journal and list your menu's you will get a lot of people dropping in to help.
Pat S.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 13:57

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Dixie Girl, Just wanted to offer a note of encouragment. You can succeed with this way of eating. I have been delighted with the results over the past 3+ months. The great thing is that I just got back from a week's vacation where I ate several things not on Atkins (not everyday) and did not gain any weight back. Was also pleased that having a few extra carbs did not trigger a desire to go back to the old way - in fact, I was really glad to go back to strickly meat and veggies. Hang in there and keep the goal in mind!

Cindy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 00:29

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%
Smile

CSJ,

Being that DixieGirl and I are newbies... just how much have you lost in the past 3-and-a-half months? What does your daily food journal look like?

Thanks!
M-
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 05:51

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%

Hi DixieGirl, welcome. I'm new too; starting my 3rd day today and I'm so excited. I've never been excited to diet before (probably cause it usually is so awful).

Look forward to chatting with you.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 08:34

Stats: 215/176/160 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 71%

Good Luck DixieGirl!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:05

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%
Wink All The Best

Hi DixieGirl,

I wish you the very best on the road to weightloss success. This is my 4th week on Atkins and so far i've lost 7lbs. I'm still learning to see what works for me. I'm having fun doing this. The mistakes i've made so far are weighing myself evryday and not reading the Atkins book properly. I encourage you to read other peoples' messages. One can learn a lot. Lettuce? Interesting.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 11:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hi and welcome!

weight loss has been pretty slow for me so far. In a week I've lost 3 lbs on induction. But maybe that isn't so slow after all.
What I think is so neat is that I've lost most of my compulsion to overeat! I didn't think that would ever happen!

Good luck to you - you'll do fine!

Gail
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:20
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hello everyone, and welcome Newbies!

In addition to the good advice on starting off with a bang, don't forget something...every "body" is different! I started Atkins in April at 201 and by the end of October had still been stuck around 191. It's frustrating, but I stayed the course...that is important NOT to give up when you don't see the scale moving down. The scale is not the only measure of your success.

Take your measurements, check out your skin...see how healthy it's looking?? Check out your hair, your nails, see how those old jeans were a little snug??? Even though you may not see any weight loss on the scale...let me tell you...I used to get at least 2 migraines a week from sugar highs and lows...it was horrible. After I started Atkins, it took 58 days to get another one, and that was after a piece of carrot cake!

I'm convinced that this is a more healthy diet for me, and as a bonus...I lost 6 pounds this week. Life threw me a big old stinkin' lemon, and I guess my body just made lemonade... go figure!