Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%
Smile Diget's fighting the fat journal

I can't believe that I have been exercising for a month and a half now. Don't get me wrong, chasing my children around the house seemed like good exercise to me before.

I started out with 20 crunches and the 60 then sometimes 100. About a week ago I started doing 100 crunches in the morning and a min of 60 for the rest of the day. I then decided instead of sitting and watching tv with the kids, I walk around the house continuously and do stair steps during commercials. I find that I can do that for a total of 1 hour (2 shows, not in a row).

About 2 days ago I say a sight that showed some exercises for different body shapes. I have added leg lift cunches and a butt(pelvic) lift. I just rotated between the 2 10 reps of 10. So now I've done 100 of each this morning and am not feeling as tired as I even used to doing 20 crunches alone, but I can feel the burn.

I think this journal is going to help me keep on track, I really am doing well and sticking to this woe life and really want to help me get to my goal faster and make the toning later a bit easier.

Does anyone have any suggestions for "thunder thighs" and lower abs done in by have 2 boys, 13 months apart?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 10:01

Default Day 2 of log...Day 36 of new woe

Well, yesterday I did my 100 leg lift/cruches and pelvic rock, I did the same today. I don't know if I can do the walking or the stairsteps because I am feeling under the weather. We'll see. Mabe I will get enough energy to do something more today.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 15:08

Done a few stair steps, about 100 squats. and cleaning the house...laundry dishes, picking up clothes and toys. Feeling a little more energized. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more energy and exercise success.....
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 09:31

Default Day 3 Journal

well, dispite feeling like crap, I was able to pull off my 100 cruch/leg lifts and pelvic lift. we'll see how I'm feeling later. I have been a bit depressed lately. I'm finding that unlike in the beginning when I was losing on average of 5 pounds a week, I am now losing 1 #, stay the same for 3 days, then lose 1-2 #. I'm not too discouraged because I am losing....It just keeps putting my goal and the date I thought I could reach it by, later and later....Oh well...
At least I am the lightest I have been in 3 years. The other things that is dissappointing is that, although I have already lost 20#s, I still am wearing the same clothes...they are loose. I just thought that 20#s and 3-4inches in the waist would help me fit into a size small, atleast 1 size...not a chance. I am close, but they are still tight.
Any advice on this????
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 23:31

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Wink Tiredness

Hi!

I'm new around here but not too new to the LC thing. Are you taking vitamins? I know that when I work out pretty hard (how do you do all those crunches? I am in awe) and forget the vitamins I get dragged down by tiredness.

Don't get too worried about the lack of size change- I've been in the same boat. You and I sound alike with the abs/thighs thanks to kids thing. If you find out how to fix that, let me know!

Anyway, I think that with looser skin (at least I have this) I can fluctuate in dress size in a single day, just due to water, I guess. Over the course of three days, I have gone from 10s being tight to 8s being loose, and (unfortunately) vice versa. Very frustrating!

As you keep exercising I think you'll reshape, and it may come in one fell swoop.

You sound very motivated - I wish you all the best.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 09:43

Well, I skipped any actual exercise activity. I did do things around the house. I started this morning with my ususal..
100 crunch/leg lifts with 50 pelvic lifts and 50 reverse pelvic lifts.

Tonight I am going to have a little ice cream cake...My son's 2nd birthday. Have a lot of running around today. I will try to get in some more exercise. I am excited to see some people who haven't seen me since I was 22 lbs heavier, although I wanted to wait to have them see me at Christmas, hopefully another 15-20lbs lighter. Maybe I will wear my bigger clothes and if they ask just say "I don't know, maybe I lost a little?"
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:06

Default Birthday Party Without an Eating Glitch

Well, believe it or not, but I went through the party and only had a couple finger licks of the fudgey frosting and of the ice cream of the ice cream cake. I couldn't believe it myself that I could have that kind of will power.
Made the mistake and told my mother in law that I lost 22lbs when she mentioned I looked pretty slim....she in turn went to everyone there and made loud announcements "Did you know that Dani lost 22lbs?" Oh well, it did make me feel good to realize that 22 lbs is a big deal. Yet, I was very embarrased.
Started today with the usual 100/50/50
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 03:28

Wink Good for you!

Great job on avoiding the cake temptation! Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to resist as well as you. I succumbed to a cream puff with vanilla pudding filling the other night.

I would have been embarrassed by the loud announcements, too - but it IS a big amount and you ought to be proud of yourself!

Keep up the good work

catspaw
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:11

Default So Much for Avoiding the cake!

Well, I broke down yesterday, the day after the party. I took several bites off the cake and even induldged in some fudgy frosting. Things are looking ok though. I gained 1 pound, but it is also that time for me and I have been known to fluctuate a bit.

I am going to be very busy today and have too much to think about that I probable won't get my crunches in until tonight.

Well, I have to get things prepped and ready for the day.

Catspaw...Don't give up! I have never done anything for more than a few weeks. I have been on this wol for over a month and a half. Just keep reminding yourself that you have lost wieght and you can continue to lose. Feel free to write me anytime if you need a helping hand!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 23:17

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the post in my journal, it really brightened my day!

Now I can return the favor, don't sweat the small cake stuff. I've decided to think of these things as the inevitable potholes on the road to health. Hopefully fewer as I move down the road...

I was actually good all day yesterday, and am doing well today too. I'm pretty sure your message was a big part of my motivation. Amazing how much effect a kind word can have .

You hang in there too!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 09:50

Talking Made it through the Holiday with mostly flying Colors!

Well, I made it though. I didn't have time to do my crunches for almost a week. I did start up again today...100 as usual.

I did lose some weight over the holiday, then gained 1 pound back. I did fine over Thanksgiving...it was my mothers pumpkin bread that did me in the last 2 days, I only had small pieces, but well worth it.

I am very excited today. I have been trying on old clothes. Some of my 12s were tight and some of my 10s were tight. I did try on other styles and found a pair of pants someone gave me that I never got a chance to wear. A size 10 and they fit perfectly. I have room in the waist and the hips are slightly snug.

This gives me great encouragement to keep on going.

Catspaw, I really hope that you are encouraged to keep going. I will if you will and soon we can put our success stories up. Hey, I even was happy to be in photos this holiday. Although not to my ideal weight and not quite at the half way point, I am looking and feeling better than I have in almost 3 years and I have 2 young boys to try and counter my attitude.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:18

Talking Good for you!

You're doing great as well! I'm glad you got a "new" pair of pants. It is encouraging, isn't it?

I'm in the military, stationed in Japan with my family back in the DC area. I'll be solo until next April. I absolutely hate being away from them, which is causing a lot of my problem keeping on track. On the other hand, that's what gives me the spare time to be able to post here and do so much exercising at the gym.

I have a great kid-participation exercise you might want to try before they get too big. I call them Jimmy-ups, although unless your son is named Jimmy that probably wouldn't makes sense for you.

Anyway, lie on your back with your legs curled up so your quads are touching your chest. Small son gets on your legs below the knees and wraps his arms and legs under your calves, like he's lying down on a really skinny horse. You hold his shoulders (to keep him from falling onto your head when you start) and do leg-lifts- lifting your feet up without moving your upper legs.

It's fun for everybody. The only problems is they want you to do WAY TOO MANY. Now that my son is almost 60 pounds, the most I can do is about 20.

Keep going! I, too am looking forward to posting our success stories.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 22:13

Wink Thanks!

There are days when I think the time is flying by, and days when it crawls. Usually the days when time is flying are the days when I was supposed to do something and realized I hadn't done it!

Wait until the kids get old enough to cook - then they do things like bake ginger snaps (my favorite cookie) and present them to you as a treat. My daughter makes the best ones I've ever eaten...

Running after 2 kids under 3 years old is plenty of exercise - who needs a gym?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 09:20

well, yesterday ended up being good for me. I went down the hill to do some running around. And boy it was a workout....dashing around all those people, pushing a cart with a 50lb bag of dog food and 2 children wieghing a total of 40 lbs.

I did get my crunches in this morning. I have a lot of house work to get done this morning, so I can start on the other things.

Hopefully, I can get down a few more pounds quick. My husbands Christmas Party is on the 14th. Not a lot of time and I definetly won't be at the weight I wanted to be at for the party...but maybe the weight I losed will be very noticable anyway.

His boss' wife and I always talk about the weight we should have, could have, would have losed, anytime we get to gether. I wanted to suprise her. Anyway, so much to do....so little time!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 10:35

Gosh, been awhile since I have written...
Didn't do any crunches until today and then only 80.

Funny, I thought chasing the kids around counted as exercise...not enough I guess. Have stayed even at 138 for 4 days now. I ususally bounce at 3 day same...lose 2 lbs.

I'm not quite where I wanted to be by Christmas time, but am happy. I guess I had losed so quickly early on that I thought I could continue to lose so fast....Atleat I have losed..

I now am in my size 10s and am feeling good. They may be a bit snug, but atleast I can get into them. I remember just 2 1/2 3 months ago when I had atleast 6 inches before I could button the size 12s and couldn't get the 10s past my thighs and rear. Now it's the 8s I can't quite get up, but give me a couple months...I'm hoping to be down to my goal by Valentine's day. I have tons of 8s....so I would be set for a long time if I can get into them.

I appreciate your support catspaw. It has been nice to beable to share my struggles and successes with you.