Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 09:22

Plan: A mixture
Stats: 178/165/125
BF:
Progress: 25%
Smile Buddies WANTED!

I am brand new to this low-carb thing, and would really love a buddy or two to help me get started. I started two days ago, and it's been rough. Yesterday I was really stressed, and attacked a package of chocolate chip cookies, then felt so horrible about it. I'm looking for someone there who would like to encourage and motivate me, and I will do the same in return. One of my big struggles (even though I just started) is the fact that my husband isn't dowing the low-carb thing with me. He is a diabetic, and I would like for him to do this with me, because of all of the great things I've heard about low-carbing for diabetics. Right now, he basically only lives on carbs. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 13:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

You have just signed up with this forum and made many buddies! We are all here to help an support each other as much as possible. Do you think your husband might be interested in Dr. Bernstiens Diabetic Solution? It is a lower carb plan and specifically for diabetics.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 09:19

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Stats: 186/173/150
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello fellow Nebraskan!

I, too, am the only LCer in my family. My husband is probably either waiting to see if it really works for me, or waiting for the Holidays to pass. Either way, I think he will eventually join in.

But, as for the Chocolate Chip cookies...I've been there. What books have you read? I am doing CAD because it allows me to eat cookies and cakes and pies (granted, not all once) during one meal a day.

I will watch the forums for you.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:29

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 230/215/130 Female 62 inches
BF:???
Progress: 15%

Hi Mickey,

I just posted a message for wanting a buddy too, I would love to write to you.

This lowcarb way is difficult to do when your family does not eat this way. Do you have kids? Mine love to eat all the things that we cannot eat and stay low carb, like pizza, spaghetti, and their favorite is of course Macaroni and cheese. I love choc chip cookies too.

We need to realize that we are probably not going to follow this diet to the T, I know that I will slip sometimes and eat something that is not on the plan. I just need to not be so hard on myself, and just keep going instead of giving up.

I hope to hear from you soon.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%
Default Hi all

I'm also new to this forum. Have low carbed on & off for a couple of years. Usually does not last more than a month or two.

I have only 9 more lbs to get to go, but the last ten lbs is a challenge!

Hope I can do it this time with your support.

Anyone up for a 10 lb by Christmas challenge?

..Max..
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 06:25

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 230/215/130 Female 62 inches
BF:???
Progress: 15%

Mickey,
Hey, where are you? How are you doing? I have been working really hard this week trying to stay on low carb. My son was eating a snack of graham crackers and milk last night, one of my favorite snacks. I couldn't help myself, I ate a cracker before I could think about it. It was good, but not good enough to have 2, which I would have eatten several before and washed them down with a big glass of milk too. So I guess progress is being made-haha.

Let us know how you are doing. We all have to hang in together.