Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:30
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I love those commercials Ellen's been making, like "working with animals".
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant
ProfGumby! You might want to duct tape your head before you watch the following video, or yer head may 'splode!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/rachelray

Warning: You may want to adjust the volume of your speakers lest you have a lot of explaining to do!

Kind regards

P.S. No, there is no nekidness you perverts!

Though I did find myself reaching for a 2x4.....

That brings up another point, I'd like to see someone make something so unpalatably (is that even a real word?) nasty that her first and immediate impulse is to spit it out and make a loud yucky sound....and see her try and keep composure on camera.

I find it hilarious that everything that woman putsin her mouth elicets those responses....

Great clip, I laughed my backside off!!!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:36

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGreen
Eh.. you know its like someone else said, I think the issue is the same with Emerald for me...it just got old. You know...BAM is old, telling the audience the same old lines like i dont know where you get your meat but mine doesn't come seasoned, oh yea baby ..well, he says that one good, don't mind that one, but you get my point. Its old. And so help me if he comes out with a talk show too, we'll know for sure the end is near.

As for Ellen, I love her, her show, her standup....I get tired of her table dancing..otherwise its always fresh and fun. Btw..I am attracted to Ellen and I'm not gay. *shrug*

Huh...I'm attracted to Ellen and I'm not gay either.....

Your post gives me an idea. Someone with some sound editing eqipment should dub together Rachel making all her silly noises with Emeril yelling "BAM!" and "Oh Yeah Baby" and "I dont know where you get your meat but mine doesn't come seasoned" and "Pork Fat Baby"......

#19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:43

Plan: whatever works!!!
Stats: 210.5/203.9/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yeah, I got some
Progress: 11%

I'm almost insulted. I have never watched Rachel Ray until recently. I knew who she was, just never watched her. A few months ago, about 4 different people on 4 different occasions told me I either looked like her, or sounded like her. I watched her show to see what the heck they were talking about. I don't think I look or sound like her. No one I really know thinks I look or sound like her. Now I am upset. Did I really annoy these people and they were just being nice about it? It was really an insult and I didn't get it.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:44

Plan: whatever works!!!
Stats: 210.5/203.9/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yeah, I got some
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Huh...I'm attracted to Ellen and I'm not gay either.....

Your post gives me an idea. Someone with some sound editing eqipment should dub together Rachel making all her silly noises with Emeril yelling "BAM!" and "Oh Yeah Baby" and "I dont know where you get your meat but mine doesn't come seasoned" and "Pork Fat Baby"......

That is the funniest freakin thing I have ever heard.........I can hear it in my head....
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:49
Don't Call Me Sugar

Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigredia
I'm really confused by all this - is this where a newbie goes to learn and ask questions

No, this is an area for ranting - so I'm sure it doesn't seem very friendly! But the same people who rant here will give you friendly advice too, on the rest of the board.

You probably clicked the wrong spot on the main page, is all - try clicking on this: Newbies' Questions.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:52

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

I've never been able to stand that woman's tv persona. When I found out she was being unleashed from Food Network onto the world at large, I realized there truly is no hope for humanity. Why can't she just spend her $40 a day making 30-minute meals for her husband, and leave the rest of us alone?! Seriously, I can't even watch promos for her new talk show, she annoys me so much.

Uhhh...what were we talking about again?
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:53
Don't Call Me Sugar

Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

Rachel Ray's appeal is that she isn't actually a chef tossing around French or Italian cooking terms, but cooks things that regular people can see and think "I could make that. And hey, I would actually like to eat that!" I've enjoyed watching the 30-minute meals show, although I don't think most of us would get the same things done as quickly (for one thing, we don't have our kitchen laid out the same way).

But her travel shows and such? Her voice-overs are like nails on a chalkboard to me. And, a few weeks ago I went to the grocery store and it was like a Rachel Ray bomb went off in there. There were displays everywhere with her perky face. She has a magazine out, and you guys are saying, a talk show? When will her market finally saturate?!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 14:05
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I do like one thing she says... "I'm not a chef, I'm a COOK!" although she and Mario B kicked some Bobby Flay- Giada Delaannoyingwench BUTT on Iron Chef!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 16:30
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Hmmmn. Maybe people find her more normal and approachable.

I know that for example, I like Sandra Bullock, because she seems like a normal person I could like, whereas I'm not fond of Nicole Kidman - though I respect her talent - because she looks like a frosty bitch if there ever was one. It's not much besides voice and face I have to admit. What a terrible bias, really!

But some people seem refreshingly next-door and some people seem like they're more distant, I guess.

I think she's kind of cute.

On the other hand, I don't watch TV, and thank goodness my grocery store is not drowning in her perkiness, so I'm sure lack of having it stuffed down my throat is part of my patience. Like I might actually re-evaluate my sexuality if Angelina was the question, but after seeing her on the cover of every magazine in the world for awhile I'm gettin' kinda tired of it. ;-) Anything can wear old!

PJ

PJ
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 16:40
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I do like one thing she says... "I'm not a chef, I'm a COOK!" although she and Mario B kicked some Bobby Flay- Giada Delaannoyingwench BUTT on Iron Chef!

Ok...I am not a Giada fan by any means, but Miss Ray-Ray drives me absolutely insane, and I was sooooooo maaaaaaaaaaad that she won!!! (Well...Mario B won). I also appreciate that she calls herself a cook, but that aint gonna win me over. Pert, perky, BLECCHH. I was so disappointed when Oprah had her on.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 17:18
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:

Some posts need to come with laughter warnings! OMG - I'm ROFLMAO!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 17:24

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

I personally find no redeeming value what so ever to her show, her food, anything. She lost me with all the EVOO's and Yum-o. I personally know a few chefs and they think her food is discusting! And they are right....

(Frankly, the size of Giadia's everyday italian women something or others head makes me not want to watch her show. She looks like a lollypop to me...)
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 18:00

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarbkat
(Frankly, the size of Giadia's everyday italian women something or others head makes me not want to watch her show. She looks like a lollypop to me...)

THANK YOU. I find the sheer size of her noggin and its exaggerated grin vaguely disturbing, and tune her out.

Lest anyone think I'm just hatin' on chicks who are way hotter than me, I'll mention that I'm no fan of Alton Brown, Michael Chiarello or that Ace of Cakes guy, either. But they're all easy to avoid. Ray is everywhere, all the time, assaulting me like the perfume-spraying chicks in department stores. Blech.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 18:38
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysabella
But her travel shows and such? Her voice-overs are like nails on a chalkboard to me. And, a few weeks ago I went to the grocery store and it was like a Rachel Ray bomb went off in there. There were displays everywhere with her perky face. She has a magazine out, and you guys are saying, a talk show? When will her market finally saturate?!

I couldn't agree more....and I watch her talk show for cooking tips as I'm still such a beginner.

But there has got to be a saturation point on her....and it can't be too soon for me!! She is like watching a train wreck... its like rubbernecking!!