Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 09:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%
Default Don't Hate me cause I rant...

I had to put this here in the War Zone, based solely on her popularity.

I am really begging to get hacked off at Rachel Ray. And for the most part I have stopped watching her.

Today on Rachels Talk show she really went off the charts....she had some yutz up there and they had all kinds of fat on display and blathered on about how bad fat is. Lost in all the schlock was some really good info about the health benefits of some foods that help with blood sugar and cholesterol. (Artichokes and squash in case you wonder..)

However, they were following the line that you could still eat the crap (as long as it was a snickers bar and not animal fat) and use these fods to counteract what you have been eating.

Very fine line between using the good properties of whole, nutritious foods aspart of a healthy WOE and using these same foods as a remedy for eating slop like a pig. While not actually saying it that was the vibe thrown out to the wildly applauding Rachel wanna bee's in the audience.

How do I really feel about Rachel? First she was entertaining, then she was everywhere. She took a half hearted misinformed shot at low carbing, then she shot at low carbing and now she is following so many other well intentioned but egomaniacal semi celebrities and diving head first off the misinformation platform in trying to help the little people...

And frankly, I now find her quite annoying. In fact I find any celeb quite anoyying who has less diet and health knowledge than the average person, suddenly spouting off like they are an expert.

Sorry, but I had to say it.....

*rant off, climbs off soapbox*

You may fire at will......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

ProfGumby! You might want to duct tape your head before you watch the following video, or yer head may 'splode!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/rachelray

Warning: You may want to adjust the volume of your speakers lest you have a lot of explaining to do!

Kind regards

P.S. No, there is no nekidness you perverts!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:45

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Best video ever!

My lil sis can't stand RR either. I personally don't mind her, but I do NOT watch any of her other stuff outside of 30min meals. I think you can find some healthy stuff in there (she has a great black bean "stoup" and a really delicious chicken and dumplings).

It is annoying that she is completely ubiquitous now, though. I mean, come on, just because you can cook doesn't mean you can host a talk show! It's like Paris Hilton thinking that just because she's rich she can act and sing! Seriously, that's NOT HOT!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:56

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I was really excited when they announced that she would be on our cbs station. Then I watched a few minutes and that was the end of that. Can't tell you what turned me off but it did.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:59

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I just watched the video. All I can say is
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:11
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

ROFL! That video is hilarious.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:22

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

mmmmmmm.... mmmmmmmm... mmmmm... mmmmmmmm.... mmmmmmmmmmmm... mmmm... and yum-O! i swear, at some point SOME of that food had to be horrible.

i don't understand though... how on earth does eating crap (and i assume you mean crap by our standards of carbs/sugar) "counteract" other stuff you eat? the ONLY thing i've ever heard of is how sugar will counteract capsaicin, and that's a purely chemical reaction.

i've never seen her talk show, and i'm glad now. and i can usually only BARELY get through her 30-minute meal shows because she annoys me with how she doesn't explain certain things or goes off on her mom or something.

i'd honestly rather play the martha stewart drinking game.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:32

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Does a quick google for 'martha stewart's drinking game'. Ive never watched RR , either cooking or talk show, am i missing anything? I guess Im not, if I go by the reactions here! I just recently 'found' Ellen, I love her show. p.s. I am in no way gay or attracted to her. LOL
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:41

Plan: ketosis
Stats: 202/195/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

ROFL that's too funny!!

Here Here ProfGumby Rant On
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:41
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

there are some things about Rachel Ray I like, but a lot of things that grate on my nerves... like the cutesy abbreviations said out loud, like EVOO. It's olive oil, people...
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 12:54

Plan: WW
Stats: 265/244/150 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 18%

Eh.. you know its like someone else said, I think the issue is the same with Emerald for me...it just got old. You know...BAM is old, telling the audience the same old lines like i dont know where you get your meat but mine doesn't come seasoned, oh yea baby ..well, he says that one good, don't mind that one, but you get my point. Its old. And so help me if he comes out with a talk show too, we'll know for sure the end is near.

As for Ellen, I love her, her show, her standup....I get tired of her table dancing..otherwise its always fresh and fun. Btw..I am attracted to Ellen and I'm not gay. *shrug*
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:02
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

It's hard not to be, she's beautiful inside and out.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:11
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Not to interrupt this growing-more-interesting confession thread (ROFL) (I agree, she's a doll!) but who would eat sugar with hot peppers anyway Kvon?

PJ
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/304/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm really confused by all this - is this where a newbie goes to learn and ask questions
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 13:17
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant
ProfGumby! You might want to duct tape your head before you watch the following video, or yer head may 'splode!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/rachelray

Warning: You may want to adjust the volume of your speakers lest you have a lot of explaining to do!

Kind regards

P.S. No, there is no nekidness you perverts!

ROFL