Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 00:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 185/178/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile TAE BO and WALK AWAY THE POUNDS FAN HERE!!!

Hey exercisers!!! I just purchased Walk Away the Pounds DVDs and they seem ok for morning exercises but the best thing is my TAE BO collection. I love it. I have six videos and they all rock. They offer different techniques for toning and they have a lovely belly tape. TRY IT PEOPLE!!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 209/162.6/130 Female 5'0"
BF:?/33.9%/21%
Progress: 59%

I started doing the basic TaeBo tape of Billy Blanks (definitely not ready for the 60m tape) and I love it - it gets me sweaty, is only 25m and is working - since I started doing it, I've lost 5.75 inches on my thighs, waist and hips
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 15:50
Registered Member

BF:
Arrow Tried 60min. Tae Bo nearly died

How often do you do it?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 16:02
Registered Member

5-6 days a week. When I first put the tape on I was sure I tried to commit suicide, but it's definitely getting a lot better, though I'm still not sure on those round house kicks, lol.

I was going to do just 3 days a week exercise, however what is 25m? I mean it takes me longer to get ready in the morning
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 09:52
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%
Default glad i dropped by!

I have been beating myself up because my exercising has dropped to nil. I'm a walker, but I'm also a cold weather hater...so that's it for this year...lol. I totally forgot about my tae bo tapes!
I have had them for ages, but found it very difficult when I first got them. I was 265 at the time and am a natural klutz! NO co-oridination whatsoever. Think I'll try and see if a 65 lb. loss makes it easier!

Sam
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 15:49

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Talking

I love Tae-Bo!!! I *used* to do the advanced every morning, and the 8minute tae bo in the evening before I'd hit the gym.... lol I overdid it.

I've been meaning to start up again, but everytime I try, something happens and messes up my schedule.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 18:39
Registered Member

BF:
Post OH DON"T I KNOW!!!

I know exactly what you mean about a hectic schedule slim. I was five days into induction. But then I gave up thinking it wasn't working. So I'm starting over and today is my second day. I can manage the carbs and everything but the exercise is too much for me. I try to do Tae Bo at the first chance I get. If not I so some sit ups and push ups before bed just for a little luck. I also use my Walk Away the Pounds videos because they are cool. Its like taking a brick walk IN PLACE. I have the full set and I do the 1 mile when I'm busy the 2 mile when I'm almost busy and the 3 mile only when even GOD rests. j/k That just means I pretty much never do the 3 mile but over my break I will.

#8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 06:23

Stats: 210/145/130
BF:dont wanna know
Progress: 81%
Smile Tae-Bo Fan!

Hey you guys,

Rock on with the Tae-Bo.

I myself have quite a collection of tapes, though like you, I have faltered off and have totally lost the commitment to exercise I was once so good about!!

After tweaking my diet, trying different stall techniques, etc, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the only REAL way to get rid of these last 15 lbs is going to be through good old fashioned exercise- sweating my butt off!

I'm so glad I saw this post- after being so lax about exercise yesterday I attempted a simple Tae-Bo crunch workout and realized how much I missed it! This post has inspired me to put on my trainers right now and do the Glutes & Abs killer tape to further rededicate myself to fitness (and Billy!)- what a great motivator!

Perhaps we should start a Tae-Bo Challenge? What do you think?

Tell me about those roundhouse kicks man, killer! But I must admit it's the squats that really kick my butt!!

Kellie
210/145/130
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 01:51
Registered Member

BF:
Cool COOL IDEA

Maybe we should try and start some kind of Tae Bo thing to encourage each other and what not...What does everyone think?
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 05:34

Stats: 210/145/130
BF:dont wanna know
Progress: 81%
Talking Abs Are Killin' Me- Must be working!!

I say we do it- I would love to have some more encouragement (looking over at bf fast asleep in bed- lazy!!)

I really want to jump out of bed and put on a tape but sometimes it is SO HARD to make yourself want it bad enough!

What do you say- start a Tae-Bo challenge?

Kellie
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 17:53
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb GREAT IDEA

I'm game for a little Tae Bo challenge. My tapes are starting to clooect dust, because i haven't been doing it as often. I try to get exercise by walking more, and things like that. But I really need to work on my ABs, and the TAE BO II collcetion has a tape that will help me do that if only I'd put it on. So let me in how what you would like to go about this "Tao Bo" challenge.

#12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 21:53

Stats: 240/200/160
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up TAE BO

THIS WHOLE TAE BO IDEA SOUNDS GREAT.

I USED TO TAE BO BEFORE LO CARB, BUT NOW THEY ARE JUST ONE MORE THING FOR ME TO DUST.

I THINK SOME KIND OF A CHALLENGE WOULD BE JUST THE THING TO GET ME PUNCHING AND KICKING AGAIN.

JUST HAVE TO KEEP TELLING MYSELF; ITS ONLY 25MIN

I THINK MAYBE I WILL START IN THE MORN

#13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 07:13
Registered Member

Well count me in - I love my basic 25m TaeBo - almost tried the advanced 60m but watched the first 15m of instead, lol.

A challenge would be great, I'd say challenge ourselves 5-6 days a week? The more exercise one gets the better off we are
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:15
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I've never tried the Tae Bo but I am always up for a new challenge. Which would you pros recommend? I am currently doing 4 days of weight training (usually the Firm), 2 days cardio - urban rebounding or aerobics. I like doing tapes at home - does this require a lot of room? Also need to have the steps rather simple - not into learning a dance routine at 5 am!
Thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 16:21
Registered Member

I did the 60m advanced today for the first time. I thought I was going to die and almost turned it off a few times, but I did it. I survived and I'm quite proud of myself!