Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 20:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/240/210
BF:
Progress: 14%
Exclamation i am ready to FREAK

ok,
I am going into week number 4 of keeping my carbs under 20 a day.
As I have posted before, everything feels better with my body...so that is a no brainer.
typical menu...
3 egg omlet with 1.5 slices of cheese and 10 slices of pepperoni
2 cans of tuna with lettuce and cucumber with a slice of extra sharp cheddar OR 1 carb solutions bar
usually some chicken breast OR pork chops OR steak

If I feel a need to snack, I might grab a handfull of peanuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter or SF jello

I have not tasted chocolate in almost a month...I have not tasted refined carbs in the same amount of time.
I live in a house with a 4 and 5 year old and there is always a piece of chocolate here or there.

The cravings have gotten so bad I want to punch myself.
I am going to attempt some of the recipes on this board, but I just need to vent.
My mouth litterally will water for JUNK!

I am on Effexor XR, so I dont know if that is the problem with the cravings...I am full all of the time, but at night, I still get my ~ss kicked by food "calling" me. Then I feel like a glutton because I will take that extra shot of canned whipped cream or a few more peanuts before I call it a night.
my weight loss is crawling, but I am not so concerned about that, I more like the way that I feel about myself. My BP is down, and I want to get the blood levels checked.
So here I sit.
Can you hear me now???
Thanks
saaben
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 20:34

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: i am ready to FREAK

Quote:
Originally posted by saaben
1 carb solutions bar

If I feel a need to snack, I might grab a handfull of peanuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter or SF jello

I will take that extra shot of canned whipped cream or a few more peanuts

You might want to try to give these items up as they are known triggers. Just a suggestion.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 21:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hang in there! While you say that your weight loss is "crawling" you have still lost about 5lbs in 3 weeks. That is a pretty normal rate of loss.

In my experience the cravings seemed to gradually diminish as time went on. The best way to get over it is to not think of what you can't have, but to think of all the things you can do with what you CAN have.

Let's face it, the thought of eating meat, cheese, eggs and salad everyday is not appealing, and that is where a lot of people get discouraged. If you take the time to sit down and plan meals in advance, it allows the opportunity to experiment with new spices, sauces, or even new vegetables.

Try a new cut of meat, or a new type of fish. Search the recipe section here to find something that sounds good and give it a try. I realize we don't always have time to prepare elaborate meals morning noon and night, but a little variety throughout the day may be just what you need to take the edge off.

I know when I ate low-fat all I could think about was fat, now whenever I have a craving it usually has to do with sugar. Know that the cravings do tend to get better.

You can do it! It will all be worth it in the end!

Hang tough!

KC
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 05:53

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Yes, it is the Effexor....

my husband and I have both tried Effexor for SAD and we both had the same experience. In the evenings as it starts losing some of its punch, we both would get sooooo hungry. I never saw my husband eat a full course dinner until he went on Effexor!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 08:17

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%

I would dabble around with l-glutamine

that may help your sugar cravings