Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 16:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/208/130 Female 5ft 4ins
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Aaack! Help!

Hi all,

I posted a thread in the General Health section about 3 weeks ago. I'm really stuck, and my weight doesn't seem to be moving. I lost a good deal of weight quickly, and then it just stopped.

I stopped The Pill about a month ago, and have not been able to get back into ketosis no matter what I do. I'm drinking at least 2 liters of water daily. I've tried eating only meat and fat in smaller quantities (like induction), NO carbs, and still nothing, except constipation! haha

I'm getting discouraged... any ideas? suggestions? I must be really metabolically resistant.

Thanks so much...
Linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 16:55
Registered Member

Stats: 214/194/155
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Linda! Can you describe a typical food day for us, that might help everybody give you a more accurate response. It might be that you need to add more carbo's or more calories to lose. BUT nobody here can really give you advice if we don't have a better idea of what you are eating daily.

There are lots of people here with lots of helpful hints, I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Laney
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 17:09
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks Laney

A typical day would be:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in the microwave w/butter
or: egg and shrimp salad (2 -3 eggs , shrimp and mayo)
or: 1/4 cup 14%ricotta cheese with 1 tbsp sugarless syrup
or: big slice of ham with 2 tbsp cream cheese
and: 1 cup coffee w/ heavy cream and Splenda (1+1)

Lunch: 2 roasted chicken legs w/ skin
or: 1 can tuna with ample mayo and 2 crispbreads
(5 carb total)
and: medium green salad w/ olive or sesame oil.
sometimes a cup of sugarless jello with heavy cream.

Dinner: chicken same as lunch or
fried steak with 2 tbsp heavy sour cream
small portion of green veggies like broccoli, or green
beans.

Snack: 1/4 cup ricotta

Mostly I don't snack, and just drink lots of water in the day. I eat hard cheese but only very 4 days or so, and try to limit quantities. I'm not eating nuts as I have a hard time stopping!

So, this is pretty typical. I hope someone can enlighten me!

Thanks!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Linda, You've lost almost 20 pounds in less than 2 months which is really fast. Congratulations!

Maybe your body is just taking some time now to catch up and get itself ready to lose more. I hit a stall shortly after induction and I had to tell myself about a kazillion and one times a day to just hang in there b/c sooner something's gotta give, and it finally did. If you peek into my journal you will get a pretty good idea of how discouraged I was getting and I wasn't even posting the half of it. Post your menus and I'm sure one of the experts will be able to offer some good suggestions and in the meantime, just try to be patient.
asugar
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 17:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210.0/198.0/165 Female 5'5"
BF: entirely too much
Progress: 27%

Have you been taking measurements? Many times people continue to lose fat, but it just doesn't show up on the scale. Do you feel a difference in the way your clothes fit? The scale can be frustrating, but the ultimate goal is fat loss. Don't let the scale get you down! You're doing great!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 18:20
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Aria,

Asugar has hit the nail on the head. Many, many times this happens - people lose a lot of weight quickly, and the body need time to adjust.

All you have to do is be patient (easier said than done, I know!) and keep on eating as you are doing, and the rest of your weight will eventually leave you.

And definitely take those measurements! Muscle weighs more than fat, and often people find they are slimmer while remaining at the same weight.

All the best to you!

Rosebud
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 22:00
Registered Member

BF:
Wink Thanks everybody!

I guess I just expected the weight to keep coming off at a good pace. My clothes are certainly looser with 20 pounds less in them!

I will try to be patient and trust that it will in fact move again one of these days. I get myself convinced that I am the one individual in the world that will be resistant to lowcarb (highly unlikely), and try to find excuses to quit this new healthy WOE. Ah... self-sabotage!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Linda