Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 22:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%
Unhappy Off Wagon Into A Bowl of Carbs!

Well I think I have learned a great lesson. That small sliver of cake I had for the going away party at work and then the little larger (but still only at half of the piece) piece of cake I had for my boys birthday sent me racing to the bank next door where I could "support the children" by buying a chocolate bar. It was not a pretty sight. I know for me carbs set off a carb spree. While I didnt actually binge..I continued to eat a steady supply of unnecessary carbs over the next two weeks while still maintaining MOST of my healthier eating habits. It has been rough for me ever since! The chocolate calls to me the worst and before this I was not a "sweet addict". I bought some chocolate bars with maltitol in them tonight. I know the warnings that go along with them too but in a moment of weakness..until I find my way back to the light I figure it is a better choice than "helping the children next door". I think I just need a little encouragement and reminders of the fact that I CAN get back to that state where on 99% of the days that junk doesn't even matter because there are no urges!

Thanks for listening

Damaraq
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 22:39
Registered Member

Stats: 214/194/155
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi~

First, before I go any further I want you to go get a big 'ole huge glass of water and drink it.
I'm waiting...
Are you done?
Okay, Guess what! You just did your body a favor by drinking that water and you are now one step closer to getting back on track!!

Now, you know what, everybody on this site probably knows what you are feeling right now. You are doing great, them all of the sudden BAM! You are off and running of the not so great side of things.

But, YOU CAN get yourself back on track. First, you need to look at the positive. You haven't totally binged. A lot of people when they get off lc or any sort of eating plan, diet, etc. they will just go nuts. I know that in the past I have. BUT you HAVEN"T done that. You have been trying to control yourself, even if you haven't been doing everything exactly right.

You are just a step away from getting back on track. Remind yourself about how great you feel when you are lc'ing. Remind yourself of what you are trying to accomplish by adopting this WOL. Remind yourself that you are worth more than that chocolate bar.

You can do this. I know you can and you know you can. So get back to treating yourself the way you deserve!

~Laney
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 09:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

*goes to get glass of water* Thanks for reminding me, Laney.

Anyway, Damaraq: you have the right attitude. Damage control is a good rule of thumb - you still maintained most of your healthy eating habits, and that's a really good thing.

Good luck getting back into the groove.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 15:49

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post I also fell off the wagon...

Briefly...that darn Halloween candy got to me...

...I can't believe something like Halloween candy tripped me up. It's not like I didn't see it coming...

Best to get back up on the wagon at any cost and swear off the demon sugar. I'm telling you as sure as I'm breathing it's the devil.

I feel so much better for licking this problem and taking back control. You can too. The holiday approacheth...get strong now!

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 11:44

Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I didn't realize that once to are tempted by the demon chocolate how it can spiral downward so quickly.

Donald,

Oddly enough I was not tempted by the halloween candy...but the mindset of "but it is just one piece of candy/cake/sugar seems to apply across the board when it comes to fighting the sugar beast that apparently resides in all of us. For a long while I felt "cured" from sugar/carb addiction but now I realize it is nipping at my heels, waiting for a chance to take over. Well I wish you happy HEALTHY holidays. I am off to find a LOW CARB pumpkin pie recipe!