Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 09:00

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Smile Induction Question

Good morning everyone, just to let you that I am feeling much better and continue to read my book getting ready for Monday and my first day of Induction.

My is: Do I stay on Induction until I reach my goal weight?

I thank you all.
Lynn
P.S. Merry I think that I was able to follow your directions and add the Tweety below my profile info.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 11:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

As you contine to read the book (Atkins I am assuming) you will find that he recommends you go to the OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) phase after induction. Some people, with a good deal to loose can stay on induction levels longer, but others really should go forward to the OWL and then the pre-maintance level when you are a few pounds away from your goal weight.

Dr. Atkin's theory is that if you stay on induction too long, you may get bored with the food and then go back to carbs for variety. But there definately is an inbetween!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 11:25

Talking

Talon, ironic!!!!!! Right after I posted the question I read the end of the chapter that I was reading and there was my answer. I understand about metabolic resistance and I have too much weight to lose. I am 145 right now and really want to get back to my "comfortable" weight of 120 as someone has suggested.

Thanks for your help
Lynn
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 13:23

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Medical and insurance charts for weight vs height would have a Female 5'5" weighing 130.

100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height and 5 pounds per inch of height after that. 115 seems a tad bit on the low side even for someone with a VERY small frame.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:33

Well the reason I chose 120 lbs. (I had originally decided on 115 lbs.), was because in the book he states that we should chose a weight that we can remember was comfortable prior to the weight gain. For the majority of my teen, 20's and 30's that was my weight without having to even think about it.

The weight gain occured in the last 10 years before the addiction to the carbs. progressed to the point where I am now.

Lynn