Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 08:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/265/125
BF:afraid to know
Progress: 3%
Unhappy Nausea

I need help... I am on my third day of the induction and am so sick. Please let me know if this will end any time soon? I am sick to the point I don't want to eat, but my stomach is growling.
Always,
BSunny
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 09:30

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Hang in there! It will get better.

I thought I was going to die during my first week of induction- not seriously, but that's how terrible I felt-- nauseated, week-long headache and carb cravings. Your body is going through some major changes, and it needs a few days to catch up and adjust to the new WOE. Think of it as throwing a wrench in the gears of your system and forcing them to turn the opposite direction. You're simply going through detox and flushing out all the carbs- it is a nauseating feeling and sometimes accompanied by a headache- but it will pass and you'll feel loads better.

As for eating, it is necessary. No matter how icky you're feeling, you need to get food in you so that your body won't go into 'starvation mode' and hold on to everything.

If I can do it, you certainly can do it!

Nikki
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/265/125
BF:afraid to know
Progress: 3%
Smile

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for you words of encouragement! I needed them ... have stuck to the new WOE and maybe by the weekend this sick feeling along with a pound or two will be gone!

Always,
BSunny
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 11:38

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up

BSunny-

I'm glad you're sticking to it. Like I said, the first week or so is the toughest because you're not only fighting cravings, you're fighting the evil carb demons that are leaving your system.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well this WOE makes you feel. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good physically in a very, very long time. As for the "whoosh" you're looking for, take anything you can get and, most importantly, don't compare your losses to anyone else. We're all different and lose at different rates. I dropped 18 in the first 2 weeks but it's now coming off a lot slower, but the pant-o-meter has gone down 2 sizes, so that's forward progress! Just a thought... if you haven't done it already, you may want to pick a designated weigh-in day-- I was weighing myself everyday at first, and I was fine with that, but as soon as the scale stopped moving, I'd get upset and dispondent. My DH hid the scale and now it only 'appears' on Sundays. Being obsessed with the scale is a big downfall for me, but I'm learning to rely on measurements and the pant-o-meter to see progress.

This list is full of wonderful tips, ideas and, mostly, great members for support at any time that you need it.

Welcome to this WOE and the new you!

Nikki