Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 00:50

Plan: atkins?
Stats: 346/346/160
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question simple menu plan?

I'm am very new to the idea of the low carb diet... i have heard much about it and know several people on it, and now finally deciding to try it myself. I have read a lot about induction and the basics of the diet and what to eat and what not to eat, but......

I need a sample menu, for atleast 2 days. I don't have a lot of money to go out and buy the book right now nor do i have a lot of money to get too fancy with menu suggestions. Just something simple. Can anyone help???

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 01:16

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi sillyandie,

First of all welcome to the board and this way of eating.

You might try:

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, bacon (I don't know about where you live, but in England you can buy offcuts of bacon very cheaply.)

Lunch: green salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery) with some cooked meat.

Dinner: Fried cauliflower and onion with whatever meat you can russtle up.

Well, that's typical day for me. No doubt other people will give you more ideas and direct you to the atkins center where you can get a list of all allowed foods. Low carbing doesn't have to be expensive if you shop wisely.

Good luck,

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 03:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default some of my staples are...

Hello Sillyandie, and welcome! I really hope you enjoy LC'ing. It's changed my life.

Some of my favorites are

1)canned tuna (add anything you like. I like it w/ chopped celery and onion. Or feta cheese and green sliced olives. So many choices there).

2)Ceaser salad w/ chicken (grilled or pan fried-no breading of course). I ate tons of this the first few months, I still love it.

3) Steak umms. I fry up a couple portions w/ some onions (i like the onions to caramelize a tad) and put some cheese on top! mm.

4) Chicken breast w/ bacon and cheese on top dipped in homemade ranch dressing (yummier than bottled I think). When I eat this I just LAUGH that I can lose weight on this meal it's so delish!

5) I recommend Hebrew National hot dogs.

6)I buy a 12 or 20 burger sack of 100% beef hamburgers, and they are so quick to just fry or grill up in a hurry. Top w/ a slice of cheese and bacon. (I also put a generous slice of tomato and lettuce too if I have it around.)

7) I rollup my favorite lunch meats in a lettuce leaf or in cheese with a dab of mustard and mayo. Take these for lunch on the go.
example, turkey rolled up w/ swiss! Or roast beef rolled up w/ a dab of cream cheese!

8) I buy a spiral ham, and while it seems expensive at first, I eat off it for days, so it's not bad in the long run.

9)Taco salad is great. No taco shells though. Just pile on the meat with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, blk olives, and a dab of guacamole or sour cream. MMM!

10)Fajitas without tortillas are good (good when dining out too!). We make chicken ones with some green peppers and onions.

wow, am I hungry now!
I hope these ideas are helpful.
Good luck! I'm no expert here, but I've been doing very good LC'ing. However, there ARE experts here, and this website is a great place to come for answers.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 09:37
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

There are several low-carb plans out there, but Atkins has a really good website loaded with information, FAQ, recipes, etc. Click here: www.atkinscenter.com . That'll get you started!

Good luck!