Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%
Angry I was doing ok I really was!

I dont know what happened! I went and got a snicker blizzard today and then later drank a coke! I kept talking myself into treating myself and just cheating for today, but now I feel terrible.....I was in ketosis I think... because my body didnt agree with the blizzard or the coke! How long is it going to take me to get back on track??? Right now I feel like I blew it for today so owell might as well keep goin and start back tomorrow but I know that wouldnt be best, but you all know how we talk to ourselves like that! and I was losing so good and so very fast! I dont know what made me do this!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 18:55

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Don't fret.

It happens to the best of us Really.

Normally it takes about 48 hours to get into ketosis. So if you start back on low carbing tomorrow by Tuesday you should be okay You may gain a few pounds to water weight gain for the carb intake. I believe carbs attract something like 2.7 grams of water to it's 1 gram.

Hang in there and don't beat yourself up to badly.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 19:37
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Deeray!

Don't worry, you'll be back on track soon enough.

I worked at a Dairy Queen all through my high school years. That's probably half the reason I'm now carb addicted!! Oh, man, the good ol' days. The loaded sundaes and blizzards I used to make for myself... Snickers was one of my faves. I'm going to go have a hard boiled egg now.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 21:30
Registered Member

Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%
Thumbs up cant do this alone yet!

Thanks for your replies, they really do help! My mom is on this diet also and is doing well. The motivating words really do help, because at times you just feel like giving up......but Im starting back to this WOL right now! I am determined to get back up and continue on!!!!! Its really motivational to have someone doin this with you when u first start again, so maybe Ill look for a buddy on this forum. Thanks everyone.....your words really do help, on my way again! Dee
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 21:48

Plan: mixed-LC
Stats: 174/170/134
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dee
Wanted to stop by and say thanks for replying to my post--I am new to this, but echo your sediments regarding the support. It is wonderful
I know that some days are tuff, but I think with all the motivation here it will make it easier, at least for me--If you want to buddy up , I can try--Sometimes I may be away for a couple of days, but I if I can help in any way--Let me know

#6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 13:54

Stats: 145/135.5/125
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi,
Can eating one high carb item knock you completely out of ketosis? I was doing so well, down 8 pounds, not cheating since I started a month and a week ago. Then today I picked up a PopTart and ate the whole thing without even thinking about it. I feel like I have ruined everything. Why did I suddenly get off track?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 13:38

Stats: 230/230/179
BF:
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb Forced to eat Oreos

:I was doing very well -- 4 perfect days in a row. I got up last night and atre a bunch of Oreos. I wasn't hungry or feeling deprived. I just did it. Sometimes I think there is a "fear of success" that makes me do self-destructive things.

Anyway I read a bunch of posts about cheating and getting over it. I am back on track and hope to continue the good work that preceded my cheat.