Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 104/108/104 Female 5' 3"
BF:22%/17%/14%
Progress: 200%

My Volume 2 was eaten by my VCR but I was able to find it available from someone selling on amazon.com. I also finally decided that I really did want Tortoise (checked it out from Blockbuster several years ago) and was able to find it from someone at half.com.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 19:16

Plan: CAD and Atkins
Stats: 165/125/? Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 117%

Hi all. I've been a Firmie since 1986. I have almost all the Firm videos and do them all. In the past couple years I've branched out to Cathe Friedrich and more recently Fitprime. Low-carbing and Firming (or weight training) go great together. Since I've been low-carbing I've developed bigger muscles than I did in my 20's. Hi to everyone I see at Fitprime and Ya yas.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 07:54

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Hi fitmaam! I do believe I've seen you over at FitPrime I don't post a lot, but check in every day .
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 10:18

Stats: 274/250/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi everyone,
I was reading this thread because I'm thinking of buying the Firm tapes. QVC has them for sale now. They say they are for a limited time (aren't they always). Anyway, they have several. You've helped me to make my decision. Got to go buy some tapes. Thanks, Nikki
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:08

BF:
Thumbs up

Nikki: Hope you enjoy whichever ones you get as much as I enjoy mine !
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 19:01

Stats: 274/250/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Oh thank you Shadow, I'm sure I will. I went to the website where they review fitness video's and read the reviews. Well, they are very positive towards the firm. Even the reviews that are a little negative still like it. I ordered the set that includes the 2 sizes of steps and four videos-Cardio sculpt, Body Sculpt, Abs Sculpt and Sculpt Hips, Buns & Thighs. I had no idea there were so many Firm video's.

I was looking for something a little more challenging and something with some variety. This looks like just the thing. Thanks again, Nikki
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 08:38

BF:

Hey Nikki! Once you've tried them, please let me know what you think. I didn't get the 4-pack because I'd switched to FitPrime and needed that money to buy FitPrime tapes. But I may go ahead and get them at some point. Gotta keep that addiction fed, you know !
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 08:53

Default Regarding "Feeding the Addiction"

I've been a running and video addict since 1985. I've been doing a lot of Firm Videos and some Cathe's over the last two years (Cathe MIS and Power Hour but not PS or that other muscle builder, Slow and Heavy?). Recently, I decided to go for it with seriously heavy gym weight training and I've been forcing myself to not do too many videos or run too much because I want to gain strength. My strength improvements in my legs over the past month have been amazing. I've been pyramiding leg presses (up to 210 pounds, 6 reps today) and doing 3 sets of squats at 50 pounds. Since I am normally a weak-legged person, I think I am now actually up to normal!!!! All at the cost of the mental health benefits, thrills, and excitment of doing a lot of videos and running. I haven't decided if the trade-off, physical strenghth versus mental health, is worth it or not. I miss my Firms and my running.

Last edited by Cyprinodon : Mon, Oct-28-02 at 09:03.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 14:57

BF:
Thumbs up

Cyprinodon - congrats on those weights I've thought I'd like to go to a gym and use machines for more strength, but I know I would not get out of bed everyday to head out to a gym like I do to just go down the hall to my exercise room .

For me, mental health is what counts the most. If I don't enjoy it, I don't do it. That's what took me so long to get into exercising to begin with - and the only reason I've stuck with it for these past years is because I enjoy what I do. I do have to make myself do aerobics but it's a very rare day indeed when a weight tape can't get me out of bed and rolling for the day .
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 14:04

Stats: 190/166/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Anybody Doing "The Firm"?

I ordered the set of tapes and the fanny lifter from The Firm. I've used them a couple of times - not on a consistent basis - I was just wondering if anyone else was "Firming" and if so have you had good results?

~Heidi
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 15:22

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Heidi!
I merged your thread here. As you can see, quite a few people here do the Firm. If you do a search of the Exercise Forum, you can found keywords that appear in posts.

Linda
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 22:20

BF:
Default Re: Anybody Doing "The Firm"?

Quote:
Originally posted by Heidi_K
I ordered the set of tapes and the fanny lifter from The Firm. I've used them a couple of times - not on a consistent basis - I was just wondering if anyone else was "Firming" and if so have you had good results?

~Heidi
Here are results I've gotten from doing The Firm, Cathe Friedrich, and Atkins. I do mostly the old Firm videos. The new ones don't challenge me much but they're great for starting out.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...98450&members=1
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 08:35

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Wow! You go girl!

That was inspiring...thanks for sharing.

Amy
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 09:36

Default Great Pics Mandy!

What are some of the Firm/Cathe rotations that got you there? I am only about 80% to where you are. I'm hoping that I can just tweak my exercise program to end up looking as good as you look (Please don't let it be that I eat too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 11:52

BF:
Default Re: Great Pics Mandy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyprinodon
What are some of the Firm/Cathe rotations that got you there? I am only about 80% to where you are. I'm hoping that I can just tweak my exercise program to end up looking as good as you look (Please don't let it be that I eat too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
Thanks Cyprinodon. I don't necessarily do any rotations but I can give you an idea of what I do. I have approx. 70 videos and I have them all written out in a 20 week format of 3 videos a week alternating Firm and Cathe. I allow myself two choices each week to pick whatever video I want for a total of 5 tapes a week. An example is this week I'm doing Cathe's PS series which is three workouts. I will add two more workouts to these. Since PS is a total body series I will probably choose two cardios for my two choices of the week. Last week I had scheduled Firm's Total Body Shaping Mix, Super Sculpt, and Tough Cardio Mix. My two choices that week were Cardio Step Mix and Super Cardio Sculpt (one of the new cardio tapes from the 6 pack). When it's a week of mostly Firms, I usually workout each body part twice a week. Whenever I do any of the Cathe's total body series, I workout each body part once a week and the rest is cardio. If I'm not sore or don't feel my body needs additional rest from weight training, I'll choose a Firm or Fitprime AWT workout.