Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 09:58

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question Skipping meals when not hungry

Does anyone skip meals when just not hungry? DO you eat because you are expected to eat?

For instance, if you eat a good breakfast and you just aren't hungry at lunch, must you eat? If you don't eat does it hamper your progress?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 10:06

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Skipping meals when not hungry

Quote:
Originally posted by yvonne326
If you don't eat does it hamper your progress?

Honestly? IMHO, you bet it does if it's more than an occasional occurrance.

Think of your body as an engine. It needs fuel to function. If you do not give it what it needs you are going to impair it's ability to get the job done.

Yes, you should only eat until satisfied. Yes, you shouldn't be stuffing yourself. Neither of these will help you lose fat. Eating too little for your body to function will also slow down fat loss.

Centuries of evolution have left us with bodies that are very good at adapting to what we do to them. Feed it less and less and pretty soon it takes less and less to get the job done. Fat burning shuts down - its a safety mechanism from times when food was not plentiful and fat stores were needed to survive famines.

Your best bet is to eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day. You eat the same amounts of food - you just eat more often. The very act of eating raises metabolism.

If you've been LCing for a few weeks and you've noticed you're less and less hungry, and consequently eating less and less, you've probably also noticed that your losses have slowed as well.

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 08:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default When I'm not hungry

and want to skip a meal (almost always dinner) I put a tablespoon of sf peanut butter on a Wasa cracker and eat it along with a big glass of water. It's not much but it's something...a little protein and a little fiber. I am a "morning eater" and I have usually eaten all I want to eat for the day by 1:00 in the afternoon. Anything that I eat after lunch, I usually just pick at.