Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 10:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Post Hi -I've tried and failed and am trying again

My name is Gail, this is day 1 for me. I've been doing this for the last 4 hours. Had a cheese omelet for breakfast this morning. I'm eating pork rinds right now. I'm hungry. This induction is TOUGH!!!
I'm just hoping to get through the day, then tomorrow. One day at a time.

I tried this a few weeks ago, but got completely off track. I've gained 60 lbs over the last 5 years and I need to take them off.

I could really use some help getting going and keeping at it. Do you people reward yourself in any way after keeping to the plan?
I look forward to participating here.

Gail

233/233/170
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome aboard Gail!

Yeah induction can be tough. It is just such a drastic change from what we were eating. Eat when you are hungry though, you shouldn't be hungry. It is a big step to start thinking of this as a way of life instead of a diet. I know that if I want to keep my weight down that I am never going to be a person who can eat pasta, bread, potatoes, or rice. But, there are so many great foods we can have. I like things made with cream cheese and I love seafood. Butter is great too.

I look at it this way - what the heck did pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, etc. ever give me besides a big butt? A momentary taste treat perhaps but most of the time it was nothing great. Once you get into ketosis, your cravings will decrease and with time, you will prefer the Atkin's protein and fat anyway. Just a day at a time! Cindi
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 10:53

BF:
Default thanks for responding!

i hope that everyone's success stories will help motivate me. i know what you mean about certain foods just giving me a big butt. i'm sitting here in size 20W pants that are almost small. all the junk food was definitely NOT worth it!

gail
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:11
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Gail -

Orchidday is right.... eat. That is the best thing to do is eat and not be hungry. Get over the guilt of eating.

Have some homemade tuna or shrimp or chicken salad with lots of mayo... have a cup full of induction veggies with lots of butter... have a salad with some full fat dressing (make sure low in sugar) like blue cheese, ranch or caesar...

Enjoy the things you are allowed. Really enjoy them so that when you get past this stage of the diet you will reflesively grab the right foods for yourself. That is the difference between a diet and way of life.

Losing (although it never seems) is the easiest part - keeping it off and being who you were meant to be is the hardest.

Your going to do great!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:17

BF:
Smile thank you lisa!

i just have to get through today. i'm not prepared. i just had lunch - 2 chicken breasts. i've been munching on pork rinds most of the morning. i have some breakfast sausage in the 'fridge here if i get hungry later. i wish i had some cheese, and the homemade tuna salad sounds wonderful... maybe tomorrow i'll bring some. i just have 4 1/2 hours to go here at work. hope i make it.

gail
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi, welcome

First of all, you don't have to go on induction. After all, what good is the diet going to for you if it's too strict for you to do for more than a week. Try something more moderate.

If you have trouble starting, go LC 1 day, then eat regular the next. Then go LC 2 days and eat regular 1 day, and so on until you get used to it.

Or you can cycle different LC diets like I do.....works great. Check my journal if you want details.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 12:40
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%
Default Hello Gail

Hang in there for the first 2 weeks. Eat protein when ever you are hungry ie: chicken, fish, eggs, steaks just snack on this when your tummy calls. After a few days this hunger and the cravings will stop. You are going through sugar with drawls now and this is normal. I had headaches for 4 days and i was dizzy...but I knew this was normal. Now 5 weeks plus into it I can say, this is the best way of eating ever...and the weight is coming off. I was yo-yo'ing for over 25 years...starving myself just to lose some pounds..now I am told to eat MORE...hehehe and the pounds are coming off Hang in there and do start a journal. There you can write down anything and everything and its good for others to see, when you need certain advise...or just some kind words to keep going another day

Best wishes

Mischa
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 18:21

Stats: 235/230/175
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default HANG IN THERE

Hi Gail,

I just got started too. I have figured out that what I don't want to do is get hungry or I know I will blow it. Just hang in there, and I'll try to too. Just think of the end result every time you get frustrated. I hope all goes well for you.....
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 23:17

Plan: general low carb eating
Stats: 150/144/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I found the first few day difficult. I was hungry all the time and was very irritable. After about 5 - 7 days my body adjusted and I felt great. When I saw how much weight I lost after 1 week it was a good incentive to keep going.

Hang in there - you will be glad you did.