Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 23:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/232.5/175
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Your opinion?

DietRite Cola has no carb, no calorie, no sodium, and no caffien. It would seem to me that one could have as much of that as desired. Do you think there's a hole in this reasoning?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 05:34

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

If it makes you drink less water. Yep there is a hole somewhere in the reasoning

I know water is boring to drink, but there is NOTHING better for the body. What type of other artifical/chemicals are in that softdrink?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 05:57

BF:
Smile

Sorry, I ment to mention that the sweetening agent is Splenda.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 06:37

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Too much of any one thing isn't good. Artificial sweenteners are limited on induction to I believe it's 3 packets a day. Even after induction I would watch my Splenda intake if I were you. A diet rite once or twice a week may be just fine for you to have, try it and see.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 07:02

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Actually I was refering more to the following chemicals:

coloring agents, phosphoric acid, potassium citrate, citric acid, gum acacia, potassium benzoate, "natural flavors" and many other "junk" additives

Just remember your kidneys and liver has to filter all that junk out because the body doesn't have a use for any of it. It is only there to "taste" good.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: BFL/PP
Stats: 115/114/107
BF:32/32/25
Progress: 13%

I was reading this thread and thought I would add my 2cents.
I tried Diet Rite Raspberry after about a week on induction. I had been cutting out all artificial sweetners about for about two weeks before that. I loved the tast but it made me feel jittery. I don't know why. I also have a bladder problem and it also seemed to irritate that. I really enjoy something carbonated every once in a while, but think I will just stick to water. On the other hand some people have aproblem with eating nuts. I ate them in the second week of induction and still lost 2 pounds. I think each person is a little different and you really have to learn to be in tune with your body. What I'm trying to do is eat the foods that are allowed only if they make me feel good!
Any way good luck on your journey and have a nice day.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:02

BF:
Thumbs up New report

I'm at the end of two-week induction and did nicely a 9.5 pound loss. Next couple of days, I've either gained or staid horizontal. You can bet your sweet ass that the DietRite is off the table along with too much cheese and anything else I can think of.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:10
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I pesonaly try to stay away from all "chemical food" as I put it to my family. This includes pop (diet or not, it's a can of chemicals) and deli meats. Even when we order pizza I demand that the part I will be scooping off the top not have "chemical food" on it...LOL.

cin
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:57

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Diet soda's should never replace your water consumption. Soda's will dehydrate you.