Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 210/200/140 Female 1.58 kg
BF:
Progress:
Default what is the title of the book that calp followers use?

I recently went to a book store to order my copy of the 'carbohydrate addicts lifespan' and was told that such a book did not appear in the Heller's collection, hence thay can not order it foer me? Could someone please let me know what is the title of the book for those who want to be CALP followers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 00:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptop
I recently went to a book store to order my copy of the 'carbohydrate addicts lifespan' and was told that such a book did not appear in the Heller's collection, hence thay can not order it foer me? Could someone please let me know what is the title of the book for those who want to be CALP followers

Hi Poptop,

There is no need to ask the same question more than once. I already answered your question here.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 07:37

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I got my CALP at Barnes and Noble. I know they carry it I have seen CAD at Walmart just the other day. Infact at Kmart they had the CA's Cookbook for $4.99. I didn't get it though.... the forum has plenty of LC recipes for me to choose from.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 06:08
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Momto4boys, I didn't think of looking for it in a supermarket. I'll give it a go and see what fortune my luck has. I'm not sure whether Kmart in Melbourne Australia sells them. It can't hurt to try though.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 09:46

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Just a thought on maybe why this didn't come up in the bookstores search is possibly they left out THE before Carbohydrate Addict's lifespan program. The actual title is " The Carbohydrate Addict's lifespan program I know that seems kind of strange but I have had that happen with other books I have been looking for. Just a thought on my part.

Good luck in finding the book.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-06, 02:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the tip Dianne. What is the IR diet?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-06, 07:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Poptop,

The IR diet is called the Insulin Resistance Diet by Cheryl Hart and Mary Kay Grossman. They use the link and balance approach. For every 15 grms of carbs you need to eat 7 grms of protein. It is just another diet to help keep your insulin level. It gives you a little more freedom throughout the day. CAD and the IR diet are 2 of my favorite diets, but for some reason I can't seem to stick with either one of them for very long anymore, for various reasons. So I thought I would try both diets. So far so good.