Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/191/135
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default 10 lb Mark!!!

Wanted to share w/everyone that today I hit the 10 lbs. lost mark!!!

YAY!!!

I know I shouldn't compare, but I've been on Atkins 5 weeks now. Is 10 lbs. a good start? I notice that some people have lost 20 or 30 after 6 weeks.

I keep telling myself, the important thing is that I feel great and can see myself shrinking. Already getting into those jeans that were too tight!

Thanks for any feedback you can give!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 09:34

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%

Congrats on your great start!!

Josiehands -

I think 10 lbs is great!! Feeling better and being healthier is what's truly important .....

But I know what you are saying about some people who have dropped huge amounts of weight. I have been on induction for about 3 weeks (did other low carb plans before going on induction) and have lost 6 lbs during induction. I know there are so many people out there who have done much better, but I am happy to be getting smaller and healthier (even if it is at a slower pace). Keep up the great work !!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 09:56
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default CONGRATS ON THE 10# JOSIE!!

It's best to look at your weight loss in terms of PERCENTAGES rather than raw numbers. A person with greater bodyfat will lose more rapidly than one who is leaner.

A realistic rate is 10% during the first two weeks and then 5% per month thereafter. These percentages apply to your desired weight loss.

So, josie, you have 66# to lose.... 10% during induction would be 6.6 lbs. 5% per month thereafter would calc out to about 3#. Remember that as you lose weight these numbers change. In other words, with me for example, I have another 11 # to lose, so 5% of that number is only 1/2# !! So I should be satisfied with 1/2 per month loss at this point.

Does that help?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/191/135
BF:
Progress: 15%

Yes, Teri, thanks for your help. I don't really understand all the calcs at this point, I just know I feel so much better than I think I've felt in years.

Thanks to Krazzybird too!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 09:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Josie, I've been on Atkins for 4 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. So you and I are going at exactly the same rate. I'm really happy with my progress, and I think you should be too! To eat well and feel good and lose 2 pounds a week is awesome!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 06:35

Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Congratulations!

Here's a big pat on the back!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 18:08
Registered Member

Stats: 243/190/165 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Good job!

Everyone has to start somewhere! LC is about little victories - take it 10 lbs. at a time and you'll be there in no time! Remember your motives, and never forget your goals.

Thanks,
Mateo J
"Reach for the stars!"
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 15:48
Registered Member

Stats: 188/164.5/150
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hang in there, Josie. You are doing fantabulous. The weight didn't go on overnight and it's not all going to fall off in a hurry. But just think, it's 10 pounds you aren't carrying around any longer.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 08:08
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

*****Awesome!!