Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Ladies,
Good to see everyone is doing okay. Sound like you had a great time Jane even though all those things happened to you. I think it is super that you all could laugh over it all and not get mad and ruin you whole trip. Don't worry about the food, Monday is another week and I am sure you wil do fine.

Mariane, glad to see you back on line. It fun getting a new computer isn't it?!! I am sure now you will be fine. I never miss my computer until I can't use it for one reason or another.

Robin, welcome to the group. We look forward to getting to know you.

Renee', how have you been?

Everything is okay here. We got the braces on my son. He picked orange colored ones. They look pretty neat! He did very well getting 4 teeth pulled and having the braces put on. I thought he would put up such a fuss but he didn't.

Hubby bougth a small motorcycle last week so he is having a blast practicing that and hopefully get a licence for is this week.

My diet is doing well. I was on such a long stall but now I am down to 152.5. Even hubby joined me on the diet about three weeks ago. He is doning pretty good, lost 9 pounds.

Have a good Sunday. It's gloomy out here but it's not raining yet.

Karin
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:05

Stats: 228/224.4/180 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hey Jane, I bet you really miss your daughter. I wish she had a computer to talk back and forth with you, I know it gets expensive to talk over the phone.
I cannot beleive that ya'll had so many problems on your trip. Your luck sounds like mine. I have never seen it fail, like murpheys law, if it can go wrong it will. Well, I have been trying to do well with my diet, but I am getting bored I guess. I have not been eating near enough vegtables. I am going to have to do better, or I am going to be sick. You cant just snack on lunch meat and cheese all the time. I need some new recipe ideas. I am so sick of the same old thing. I really need to go shopping, but it seems like that is all I ever do, my grocery bill is enormous, and it seems like in no time at all you need to go again. This diet is costly.
My car had some problems with the exhaust system so I had to replace all of that. And then we had to buy a new television, and all kinds of things that just pop up, I guess its true what they say, when it rains it pours!!!
Well, girls I need to run, Talk to you all later.........
  #318   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 16:01

BF:

Hi Everyone. I was bored, so I thought I would play on the computer for awhile. It has been a dreary old rainy day. I am glad to have the rain we really need it. I finally got out and bought some groceries, so I am stocked up for a few days. It seems like all I ever do is grocery shopping. Of course, on this diet everybody wants to eat my diet food, the kids love cheese and nuts and all of that good stuff, so it dont last long around here.
My wonderful husband is building me a new desk for my computer, it is going to be really nice. I have my bedroom all done in the northwoods look, with moose and bears and all. He has built my bedroom furniture all out of ceder logs and such, so he is going to do the desk for the computer to match. I cant wait. He builds the most beautiful furniture. He has done all of the furniture in our house. Coffee tables end tables etc... He built an entertainment center, really nice. I am so proud of all of the things he has built for me, I will treasure them a very long time. They just dont make furniture like they used to. It is not made to stay together, because they want you to have to buy more, I think.
Well, I guess I better get over and update my journal. I need to try to keep up with that stuff better. I have been so lazy lately.
Talk to ya'll later..... Happy dieting....
  #319   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 11:53

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi girls:
i'm finding it hard to get back on track. i too must do some grocery shopping. i do much better when i'm living alone. tonight i will go out anddo some serious snack shopping. i do great with my meals but when i start to crave a snack i find it really hard to resist unless i have something low carb on hand. i must get some nuts, some jello, and maybe some fixin's for that best ever dessert for the really bad days.
i was thinking of doing a business over christmas of providing people on low carb, diabetic, alergy diets with christmas goodies. 5 doz goodies for $25 or $30. i have to test out how much the ingredients cost and then adjust the price according to costs but i think there's a niche out there for the busy person who has food intolerances. i'm going out tomorrow with a measuring cup to bu;y some ingredients for date squares, strawberry and pumpkin tarts, peanut butter cookies, raspberry coconut squares and brownies. i should be able to make all of these things with splenda or honey for people who have no problem with sugar but can't have wheat. i know a lot about baking for people with health problems. i bet i could even put the best ever dessert in little almond tart shells. as long as they are kept refrigerated.
i might even work it into a little cafe someday for folks with food intolerances.
hope everyone is well. my sinuses are bothering me these days, i think i'll take some meds and have a nap. i have a full evening ahead of me.
talk to you later,
jane
  #320   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 11:58

BF:

deleted origional message as it was a copy of the next message. some kind of computer error. sorry folks.
jane

Last edited by jane anne : Thu, Oct-24-02 at 12:37.
  #321   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 14:12

BF:

hi girls:
i'm finding it hard to get back on track. i too must do some grocery shopping. i do much better when i'm living alone. tonight i will go out anddo some serious snack shopping. i do great with my meals but when i start to crave a snack i find it really hard to resist unless i have something low carb on hand. i must get some nuts, some jello, and maybe some fixin's for that best ever dessert for the really bad days.
i was thinking of doing a business over christmas of providing people on low carb, diabetic, alergy diets with christmas goodies. 5 doz goodies for $25 or $30. i have to test out how much the ingredients cost and then adjust the price according to costs but i think there's a niche out there for the busy person who has food intolerances. i'm going out tomorrow with a measuring cup to bu;y some ingredients for date squares, strawberry and pumpkin tarts, peanut butter cookies, raspberry coconut squares and brownies. i should be able to make all of these things with splenda or honey for people who have no problem with sugar but can't have wheat. i know a lot about baking for people with health problems. i bet i could even put the best ever dessert in little almond tart shells. as long as they are kept refrigerated.
i might even work it into a little cafe someday for folks with food intolerances.
hope everyone is well. my sinuses are bothering me these days, i think i'll take some meds and have a nap. i have a full evening ahead of me.
talk to you later,
jane
  #322   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 10:14

BF:

Hey Jane.
Sounds like work to me, I guess you must enjoy cooking more than I do. I would love to have a full time cook, so I would never have to cook at all. Every once in a while I get in the mood to cook, but not very often. I dont mind cleaning or even working out in the yard, But I hate to cook, and I hate to fill ice trays. Thank God for ice makers. Isn't it funny how little things like filling ice trays can bother a person? It just seems like they are always empty. We have a kitchen in our barn, and have no ice maker down there. It seems like when we are doing something around there, all I ever do is ice tray duty. A pet peeve I guess.
Well, I am really trying to do good with my diet but I had to bake cupcakes for school, and I ate one. Oh well, I am not going to fret over it, I will just try to do better. It gets hard sometimes.
Well, Gotta run and feed the hubby some lunch, for someone who hates to cook, I sure do have to do alot of it. I dont really hate it, I just dont enjoy it as much as some people do.
Later girls......
  #323   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 12:02

BF:

Where is everybody I guess ya'll must be busy. What happened to Karin? Haven't heard anything from her in a long time.
I know Renee, is busy trying to catch up with all the work she is behind on.
And I have talked with Jane. She may be cooking up a storm.
Well, I will visit back later, and see if I can find anyone....
Bye
  #324   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:45

BF:

hi melanie:
i just got back from grocery shopping. i don't like it anymore than you do.
i guess i have to say that i like baking and cooking because i see it as a science. i don't often follow a recipe exactly i use them more as a guide and being a creative soul, i create something everytime i cook and bake. it's really another creative outlet for me. and if i can help someone out at the same time so much the better. it's an easy way for me to make a few extra dollars at christmas time kind of like people who knit or crochet christmas presents or for money. they enjoy it and they and use it to give or make some money. i can't knit to save my life. i find it impossible to work both my hands in unison to produce something. it is such hard work for me. and yard work is just that. as much as i enjoy it in the spring as soon as the heat comes i wilt. i can't stand more than 15 min. at a time outside.
anyway i hope this works for me. i already have a source for some wholesale product. so this is good.
i talked to my daughter sam on msn messenger this morning and she was saying how hard it is to have breakfast on this diet. they eat rice and beans for breakfast. there is no cheese, the eggs are inedible (partly developed baby chicks), the fish is live and they behead it and gut it infront of you, and its hard to find a loaf of bread if you happened to think toast was better than nothing. i suggested shrimp and scallops but wondered if any of you wonderful ladies had some ideas. she is still losing weight even though half the time she has no idea what she's eating. she prays a lot before eating boy does she have some courage, eh?
jess leaves next friday and my boss and i are taking gerry to the cottage for the weekend. so i am really looking forward to next friday.
well i guess i had better go pick my daughter up from work. and start some supper. talk to you later,
love, jane
  #325   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 15:02

BF:

Hey Jane, I am sure glad I dont have to eat any of those eggs, yuk! I feel sorry for your daughter. I dont have any idea what she should eat, I have never been to any of those places, and dont know what her options are. But I would sure eat the shrimp or scallops before I would eat them eggs.
I could not cook like you do, anytime I try to modify a recipe it doesn't work out to good. But I bet it is nice for someone who has intolerence for certain foods. I can eat anything and do pretty well, except root beer gives me awful headaches. I dont know why, I guess there is something in it that dont agree with me.
It is another cloudy dreary day here, we have had rain everyday for a week. Not alot just drizzle. But it is a muddy mess. We have to brave this old muddy road to go down to the neighbors, they are cooking dove, shrimp, and quail tonight and have invited us over for supper. It sounds really good. They wrap the birds in bacon and put them on skewers and grill them, Mmm Mmm.
Speaking of that, I better go and get cleaned up, and think of something to take, maybe a low carb dessert. They are all on the carb diet also. Talk to ya later Jane, enjoy your weekend at the cottage, sounds like fun.