Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/178/145
BF:
Progress: 30%

I just started 7 days ago, my TOM started 3 days into LCing~ a week early. I dont take birth control and and have had a 28 day cycle for life. (Excluding 3 children)!! I was disappointed because I wanted to see weight loss~ Now I will have to wait a few days...although I can tell with my clothing. But LCING has impacted my cycle....
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I know that this is sort of an older thread, but I was looking up this subject (since I am having an issue with my menstruation) and I just thought that I would say that I too am having this problem.

I have been on the pill for years - never had a problem - until now. I am mid cycle (still taking the pill - not due for a period for 2 weeks) and I am breaking through again.... did this about a week ago. I am having puffy hands, feet, water retention... and cravings like mad (last night in a deep sleep got out of bed - and inhaled a rice krispy treat.... was going for another, but held back!). Oh, I also have sore joints - woke up and felt like I had had a major workout yesterday,

I know that my sugar levels have never been this low as I am a sugar addict - have been all my life... just thought I would share.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 08:18

Plan: ultralite
Stats: 79/76/56
BF:
Progress:
Question Break through bleeding

Quote:
Originally posted by shelley
Dieting can alter your menses, but it usually stops not the other way around. Usually because of poor nutrition. I have never heard any talk about low carbing effecting BCP's. Has anyone read anything to the contrary?

Are you all taking Pottassium(not sure of spelling) tablets as i have found that these are causing me to spot bleed or have an early cycle
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 15:06

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Im on the pill and have been on this wol since March..the last 3 months i've been totally off wack..got TOM today and shouldn't until Monday..dont know why..but i'm not enjoying it..cramps are brutal too! If someone finds out why or how we can fix it..please let me know
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 182/163/140
BF:
Progress: 45%

Been there done that...what I have found is that my TOM is only messed up in months where I have some significant weight loss...like 3 or 4 lbs. I am a major turtle. My gyn doesn't believe my problems are linked with my weight loss, but I am convinced that it is. He has tried me on different pills and I still have a messed up TOM when I lose weight. However, my pills have still been effective. Generally, what happens is that my TOM starts about 5 days early and then quits and comes back when it was supposed to, it's like getting a double period. I was really freaked out when it started happening to me. I go back to the gyn at the end of this month and I dread it. I know he'll change my pills again because he doesn't believe it is the diet..he thinks I'm just becoming resistant to the pill...I'm afriad he'll want to put me on shots and I don't want that. I've heard way too many bad things about them... Just hang in there. I know it is scary...use a back up method if it eases your mind.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 10:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%
Default It messed me up too !!!

I am not on the pill...I am on my second week and have lost weight and I started like a week early this month.....which is highly unusual for me.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 03:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I finally found a thread that relates to the problem I have been having since starting Low Carb last summer. My periods before Low Carb have been regular, one per month, although they have been getting lighter over the last few years, I am 49, and thought I was going into sudden menopause since starting Low Carb. Since I started Low Carb on June 25, my first period came only 2 weeks after the previous one. Then last month when my period was due, I got very swollen painful breasts for 10 days, then they gradually got back to normal and my period never came. This month I have had swollen breasts and PMS for 10 days, and no period yet. The Atkins vitamins I take do have Chromium Piccolinate in them, so maybe that's the problem. The breast swelling is driving me so nuts that I made an appointment with my doctor for Saturday to see what's going on. I'll let you all know what the doctor says.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 10:27

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 158/150/140
BF:
Progress: 44%
Lightbulb

I have an IUD - but it is one that stops bleeding all together ( the mirena) - I too experienced a heavy bleed, out of the blue - a couple of weeks in to the Atkins diet...it is interesting to read similar reports. I am sure it is to do with hormone levels, because the other side effect for me has been my skin clearing up (I have acne rosacea). I am over the moon! I have come off the antibiotics - and as long as I keep to my lowcarb food - my skin is clear - naturally. I wish doctors would recommend it to all us 30 something women who suddenly get spotty, instead of putting us on antibiotics - it seems obvious to me now that it is insuliin levels affecting hormones, and in particular the production of testosterone. I want the world to know - it is such a simple, healthy cure!