Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 18:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Are you a Leader or a Follower?

They say that imitation is the purest form of flattery. Do you do as your friends do or do they follow you?

The reason I ask this is because I find that most of my friends do as I do. I tend to be a little beyond the norm in this conservative area and when I do something all my friends follow suit.

When I talk about my diet, they go on it. My neighbor tends to take my ideas to a much farther limit--she is now looking rather anorexic. A lady I volunteer with has started taking flax seeds and sea salt because of me.

Some even decorate their homes in a way they see me doing it. Or wear clothing that I might wear (even though it doesn't really go with their body shape).

I find this interesting because I used to think I was a follower, but I can see that this is not the case.

Leaders are far more apt to seek out knowledge and adapt it to their own life. I'm just curious to see if you are leaders because you were brave enough to buck the public opinions of Atkins.

Carol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 18:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Definitely not a follower. I hesitate to use the word 'leader' - I like to think of myself as adventurous and willing to try new things, especially if I can find enough research to back them up. This really applies to my WOE and to the way I exercise but less so in my carreer. I think one lends itself to experimentation a little more than the other, though.

It's bizarre, I live with a very opinionated, stubborn and willful man, and yet when it comes to his WOE and exercise regime he's a follower.

Interesting thread, Carol.
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Nat, I love your new avatar. You are looking real good, girl!

I miss your journal and catching up on what you are doing.

Carol