Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 22:08

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 296/256/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Frustration.......LOL

When I start losing like only one pound every couple days, I get sooo frustrated! I haven't cheated or anything, I just wanted to vent about how frustrating it is when I strive every day to fight cravings and such and work so hard and then when I don't see instant results I feel so defeated. Again, I know I didn't gain it overnight, but I guess I want to be thin NOW!! (Don't we all) LOL! Thanks for listening to me whine and pout.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 22:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Kristi! I'll bet nearly everyone on this forum has had the same feelings. But a pound every couple of days is a good loss! Honest! So your struggle is worth it.

Any time you think of giving up, think of this: I'll be here one year from now whether I stick with my diet or not. If I lose one pound a week, that's 52 pounds in a year. Would I rather be 52 pounds lighter, or 10 pounds heavier?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 22:36

BF:

Nicely put, patience has never been one of my better virtues at all......LOL!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 09:59

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Kristi:

I feel your pain!! I'm not a patient person either and have seen the scale sit absolutely still for almost 2 weeks now. (OK, I know it's not an official stall, but it sure does feel like it!! GRRR...) No cheating on my part, and it's very frustrating, but I'm not giving up. It was very helpful to me to look at a few of the weight loss charts posted, as well as visit a few of the senior members' journals. You'll quickly see that nobody loses very steadily--the scale goes up and down.

Anyway, keep your chin up and hang in there!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 10:30

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi Kristi

Are you exersizeing too? By doing at least 30 min of exersizes 4 to 5 days a week will help boost your metabolism, so will taking green tea extract & L-Carnitine , Green tea also increases energy. Go for a walk for as long as you can even if it's 10 or 15 min.
The weight lose is so fast at first then it slows down, so I know what you mean about getting frustrated, but you will get there , just hang in there.
We are all rooting for you. I've seen lots of people here drop alot of weight & I know you will too if you stick to low carbs.

Josie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 11:05
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

You have to realize that i've only been low carbing for one month now but... ONLY losing a pound every couple of days is bad?!?!?!?

When I was low fat dieting after the initial water weight you would be lucky to lose maybe a pound a week after being VERY STRICT with yourself.

The way weight comes off with this diet and shows so fast that it is absolutely amazing to me.

Sorry if I lack empathy here (I do have empathy for real stalls of course) but your continuing to lose is a good thing. Be sincerely happy that you are doing something and it is showing for you.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 20:42

BF:

Thanks to all for the support, I just need to quit being so d$mn impatient and "suck it up" at least I'm still losing, right? Woohoo!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 00:16

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I wish I could lose a pound every week never mind every couple of days....lol
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 14:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm with SlimShady - I haven't lost a pound in 9 weeks! I'd be thrilled to lose even a pound every other week at this point!

kiwi