Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 13:02

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Wink Fietser you can try this

Depending your the fatloss you want, you might wanna try to carb up only once a week.

Swimming is very good to deplete liver glycogen, i add read a article on it once last year.

I can try to help you, i have read BFL, and have BodyOpus at home, right now has you know i am doing BodyOpus, my progress has been quit good so far.

I will start the week on Sunday:

Sunday would be the day that you go back low carb, i would try to do aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach so you will burn the glycogen from your carb up , ( this was one of my mistakes and might have prevented me from getting into ketosis faster, so aerobics are important right after your carb up is over).

Monday would be a weight training day:

Chest try with 6 sets
back 6 sets
biceps 4 sets

Tuesday is another weight training day

Legs 6-8 sets
delts 4 sets
triceps 4 sets

You should rest about a minute and a half between each set, try to lift a weight that you can handle for around 10-12 reps and be sure to do it slowly,, ( the better your forms will be, the better your muscle fibers will be exausted and the better shape you will have, Thrust me on that i have been an artist at sloppy forms lifting way to heavy and it didnt do nothing for me.)

If everything is going to plan you should be in ketosis Tuesday.

After that try to add some cardio, the plan you outlined and the cardio you do seems to be very good.

Friday would be another weight trainig workout wish you would do giant sets

one exercice per body part resting one minute between sets and doing a loop, try to get 5 loops in.

SO you would be doing:

leg press 1 X 20-25 reps
bench press 1 X 20
lat pulldown 1 X 20
db press 1 X 20
bb curls 1 X 20
triceps pushdown 1 X 20

like i said rest 1 minute between each set and after completion of all the exercices go true the loop again, try to complete 5 times.

After that workout you should start your carb up, ( personal note here, i usually dont start my carb up until Saturday morning, but if you wanna do it right you can start right after this workout.) You muscles will be screaming for fuel after that, you can basically eat whatever you like Friday night ( this is the part of the diet i like best you can just let yourself go and eat almost everything you like, exept fruits because they contain fructose, well anything with fructose in it for that matter, this will get your liver full and you will have problems getting back into ketosis afterward.)

Saturday your choice of carbs has to be better, so you can go with rice, bread , pasta and all the good whole carbs.

I stop my carb up around 9pm on Saturday, and usually i have no problem getting into ketosis by Tuesday.

Personal notes: i cut all sweetners, dairy product ( they make me bloated and make me feel very bad Lactose), cut out all diet sodas and mouthwash ( this has sorbitol in it wish can kick you out of ketosis.)

This might not affect you or it might so you will have to test what works for you and what doesnt, my girlfriend has no problem with diet sodas, and sweetners, on the other hand i get kicked out of ketosis if i take theses products.

I think that i have covered about everything here, if you decide to take a fatburner take it from Monday til Friday and take 2 days off, on weekends.

Also you never train on Saturday because you are carbing up.

I hope this answers your question.

Good luck