Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 15:52

Plan: dont have one
Stats: 165/165/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question :confused:

I read your profile and noticed that you have lost a considerable amount of weight to date and I was just wondering if you have done this all on the LC plan and did you have any side effects at first or did you feel different in any way
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 16:30

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome!!!!. Im not too sure who you are responding to but...
I will answer anyway
I havent lost any considerable amount of weight, but Im on my way.....4 month "anniversary" on this very day.

The first few days (or first week) of LCing is pretty tough. You go through some sugar and carb withdrawal. I felt sick, headache, nautious and VERY tired. My headaches were so bad I thought I was going to pass out. MAJOR MAJOR sugar withdrawals.

You need to :
-drink lots of water
-take vitamins
-exercise
-EAT enough--you have to eat 10-12X your weight in calories! I am 268 so I eat about 2600-2800 calories a day!
-You may find that you have a bit of trouble sleeping the first few days-that will pass and then you will sleep like a baby!
-you may get a bit constipated. Make sure you drink a lot of water
-EAT at LEAST 20g carbs a day through veggies. You do not want to go to NO carb-you need the 20g minimum to properly function, especially during your first few weeks.

The LC way does work! I feel like a million bucks after 4 months. I felt great after the first week. You just have to commit and make up your mind! You will do great!

Hope this helps you a bit.
Vicki
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 18:07

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Default HUH?

Dear VictoriaT, Couldnt help but notice you've lost 43 llbs. Thanks a huge amount of weight, girl. Congratulations, I'm sure you look terrific!! I'm very impressed with your progress, good luck and keep it up. (I've only lost 12 lbs. so far but my pants are falling off)

Nancy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 05:47

Plan: dont have one
Stats: 165/165/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default new here

Thanks for the reply VictoriaT, I thought I was replying to Zuleikaa, but somehow I dont think I posted the subject correctly. oh well, this is my first day on this website so thanks for your patience and your advise. I haven't started the LC plan yet. I was just trying to get some information first about how to go about it. I did start cutting down on my carbs and sugar though. I thought that would help some instead of going "cold turkey" no pun intended. Even though I wasn't hungry, it was amazing how much I craved bread and sugar. Wow! I never use to crave sugar until I worked with a bunch of ladies that ate treats all the time and after a year of working there I got to be a sugar junkie. It was amazing how much I crave sugar.

Well enough about that, Thanks again and I am always open to advise and info.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 07:09
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Thanks Iluvchili

It's been a long hard road. The first thing you have to learn is to know your body no matter what anyone else says (including doctors and nutritionists!). The second is to love yourself and live life no matter what size you are. Those are not easy lessons to learn and sometimes take a lot of courage.

You also stumble and fall every once in a while and get discouraged along the way. Your post was just what I needed to hear as with SAD coming on I was starting to feel that this would never end.

You reminded me how far I've come and how long it took. The beginning of a long journey starts with but one step.

Thanks!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello iluvchili: Have you visited the link to the right of this page called "Which LC plan is right for me?". Just click on those words to go to a comparison of many plans.

Also, right at the top of this page in the orange bar is a link to Low Carb Books which shows you the choice.

If you want to be sure that someone sees your post to them, you are welcome to put a post in someone's journal. They may reply there or come and visit your journal if you create one. To find their journal, look at the bottom of one of their posts and click on the little 'journal' icon. Or you can look on the main forum page and find the section for their screen name.

If you decide create your own journal, you should go to the "H to J section" and read the instruction post at the top of the page. Then we'll always know where to find you. Visit some journals to see how various people use their journals. Daily posting is not required and it's up to you what you put in there.