Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 06:21

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Talking My turn to laugh

I work in this pertty big satellite company and we have a small gym set up in the basement, well nothing bit, stationnary bike, a stairmaster and a treadmill.

Db up to 75 pounds and pertty a bounch of machines that work the whole body.

Its really funny, i have always beleive that the most weird things would be the ones that work.

My grandmother add a high fat moderate protein diet that she gave me a while back, i said that you could lose 10 pounds in a week, you eat eggs and bacon and of course you cut out all sugar and carbs, you know that rest.

Since going out with my girlfriend i have went from about 185 pounds to 220 pounds, i always trained but decided to bulk up to get bigger.

I guess that since my last blood test getting bigger didnt quit help my situation, my cholesterol was high, i was pertty inactive, all i did was train with weights.

About 3 weeks ago i decided i add enough, i add dieted this year but nothing to go crazy about going from around 225 to 212 in 5-6 monhts.

3 weeks ago i decided to do what works and that low carb, i am a stong beleiver in low carb and have seen so many people get awsome restuls.

I add a modification to the diet, i add a carbup pertty much like the bodyopus diet, but still.

So i went to the gym seeing all the 40-45 year old guy really trying to lose weight but still they dont lose a pound.

I went up to them with the low carb idea, i got laugh at , i could see them in the cafeteria eating big bowls of low fat pasta, no butter hehehehe patatos without nothing and of course the dreaded rice.

I never hid once and they saw me eating redmeat, eggs and bacon, and all the rest of the greasy stuff.

They laught again, hey you sure you wanna lose fat....

Now its my time to laugh, most of them have put on weight they just dont understand, but why i am eating a high carb low fat diet isnt that suppose to make me smaller......

I have lost 16 pounds and am now down to around 196 pounds from 212 , 3 weeks ago, now tell me that low carb doesnt work or its dangerous yeah right.

These guys are sweating it off on the cardio like there is no tomorrow, i train 3 times a week, for about 1 hour each time and take a walk at night with my girlfriend.

Monday and Tuesday i do my whole body and Friday i do the depletation workout.

Now its funny becose they dont laugh at me anymore, i just cant wait to be 185 pounds again.

One of them always bugs me, hey what happened to you you add the great GQ look before and now your fat, well this sucker is on a buisness trip now and will be back soon, he wont beleive is eyes.

After all this is said and done i feel great, my first week was hell dealing with the change of glycogen to ketosis but now i am fine.

I wanna wish good luck to everyone and dont give up low carb works.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Thumbs up

YES !! Way to go, Realdeal !!! Reading you story was a great start to my morning. I wonder how many of your buddies would like to swtich to LC but hate to admit they were wrong?

Keep at it....you'll be 185 before you know it. Good Luck!

judy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 06:47

Wink People on low carb should get a medal or a trophy

Your right they wanted to switch to low carb but has you know all excuses are good arent they,

Well my wife makes spaghetti so i have to eat it, ho well not that week maybe next month, so on and so forth.

People that are on low carb are the most disciplined dieters ever, its hard yes its hard, damn all the carvings we get.

But in the end when you look back at all of this, you can say your a step higher then most people who say they should but they dont.

I am willing to help anyone that is ready to put in, i am just not ready to waste my time.

Theses guys have the information on the ketogenic diet, they just dont do it, they have been on low caloire diets high carbs and see it doesnt work, but still they hang on, this week will be the week i know it i will lose with all that cardio, what happens well no results you give up.

I am pertty crazy and really try to do everything right, meaning that after my carbup on Sunday i will only sip olive oil for the day, upon rising i slid in the tae bo tape, and do an hour of it.

Then monday its food, i really try to keep everything has near a zero carbs has i can, no sweetners, no diet sodas, i think the ECA stack fat burner i try to get myself in ketosis has fast has i can, if i feel i need on more day in ketosis then i shorten my carb up.

I train in the gym on Monday, i will start the 30sets workout, after an hour of this i can bet you that all your glycogen has to be gone.

And Friday i do the depletation workout in the moring and start carbing up around 6pm or even then on Saturday.

No one at my job will do that not even my girlfriend but i can honestly say i am getting back what i have put in.

I do have cravings and feel bad during the switch from glycogen to ketosis but it makes it all worth while, getting that flat stomach and those damn lovehandles get smaller.

#4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

wow!thats alot of determination and discipline going on there!!i wish i had that much of a discipline..heck,i cant even make a week in the induction phase without falling all over again..pity me!!tsk.tsk..
probably,ur story can serve as an inspiration for me to keep going..the problem with me is that once i start losing it...i get into this carb bige and gain it all back...i try to bop myself with it to quit it but it aint easy....i just cant figure out when will i rly rly officially start induction
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 10:16

Thumbs up Well get into it now

I was pertty much like you last year, and most of this year too, i am not perfect and i am less then disciplined too.

Get to it dont set a date or nothing jump into it right now and do it, thats what i did, i wont lie to you, i get carb bings has well, beleive me your end result will be well worth it.

I am 30 years old now and am use to eating my gummie bears while watching tv every night, but you gotta tell yourself that by doing this it will only take away from your goal.

Last night i really wanted to give in, friends at the house, typical junk food eaters, that wanna start a diet but never do, they add brough cappucino flavored ice cream, well i didnt give in.

A good trick is to carb up for only 24 hours then get back to low carb, you gotta give this diet the time to work, i have been on it for 3 weeks now apparently you will lose some of the cravings when you system gets used to it.

This will please you i am sure, in 1998 i wanted to cut up i was 205 and did a type of low carb high protein diet, i 3 months i add lost a lot of weight and was around 174 pounds, i add lost my urge to bing on carbs.

Each time i started a diet i did it straight off the bat.

I am no different then anyone else you can do it too, try it and print this post has reference when you wanna cheat.

Simple changes can make a big difference, your goal isnt impossible to reach you are 130 pounds and wanna go to 110 pounds wish is a small 20 pounds, my girlfriend has gone from 170 pounds at 5 feet tall to 135 pounds in about a year, now she is low carbing , she has been for a week, to soon to tell if she is having good resutls or not.

Hang in there you can lose those 20 pounds in less then 3 months if you do it right