Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

JOsie,
thanks! ill try to look for that supplement...ryt now im not yet Lcing....too many darn excuses bt ill be startin this weekemd jsut preparin myself again for it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:04

Plan: Atkins, Daily Cardio, Some weight training, Pillates & Yoga
Stats: // Female 5'8.5
BF:25.5%
Progress:

Doug: This was just what I wanted to hear!!

Ben & Jerry are two guys I just can't resist especially when my daughter just got a soft ice cream maker we HAD to try out!. It was heaven on this hot hot night.... I surprisingly don't feel terrible ...I did eat my share but happily I feel better than I usually do when I eat the stuff!! It's amazing I don't feel as bloated as I usually do. I do feel
t i r e d tho..! I am going to the gym tomorrow for intense 45 min step class then try to lift a bit. I won't allow myself to beat up on myself partially I think because I am resisting buying a scale.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/141/126 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Carb up, Carb down

is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 01:36
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majjic
is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.

Weirdly enough, this can actually HELP sustain your fat loss, because, as I understand it, the "refeeds" help reset your leptin. Leptin drops when your body feels like it's being starved, and downregulates your thyroid. By having these little "carbups", you may actually be making sure your thyroid doesn't slow down. This is basically what you do for CKD if you are a weightlifter - there's a CKD thread in the exercise forum.

Furthermore, it's WORKING for you, and where I come from, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it!

Last edited by Built : Sun, May-09-04 at 02:11.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 21:53

Plan: Atkins + carbs.
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I really like this idea!
I seem to have this mental block about feeling as though I'm doomed to eat the same thing forever. This past weekend, I did have some pizza and more carbs than last week, and they left me feeling so big and bloated. You really notice the difference!