Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 21:57

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I rode my new bike to Iris's house and back. Round trip is 3.8 miles! Wow! hmmm.... maybe I use to ride more than 45 miles a week. So, I'm not a mathlete. Checked it with my car trip meter this time. I had a meter on my old car and I'm sure I checked it with that too... Maybe my trip meter is or was wrong...
Ahh... who gives a damn! I rode my bike 3.8 miles today!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 20:43

BF:

Today I rode my new bike again for 3.8 miles, just like I did last night. Same route as I took last night. I'm loving it, but my arse is a very tender this evening.

I've felt very energized and healthy today. My body is a bit tight and I've been doing stretches all day. Must pace myself... I get too excited about things I love and I move on to zealot waaay too fast for my body's well being. These 45 year old parts have been on vacation for a long time. Baby steps, baby steps...
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Hey you

don't you love the back not hurting. For me I don't know if it was the shoes or just getting off my butt and moving. I like to think it was the shoes LOL.

keep at it have fun while you do it.

cya Greg
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 08:52

BF:

Hey there Greg nice to see you here in my gym journal.

The shoes are still an incredible addition to my life. My feet have not been this happy in many years. I still get irritated when I think of all the years I spent in pain when I didn't need to.

Did the bike ride this morning and rode 6.7 miles! Wow!! Iris and I are going to be doing this every Saturday and Sunday morning from now on. We are going to try and fit in a ride or two durning the week when schedules allow. Again, why did I wait so long to buy another bike!

A word to lurkers from me.

DON'T WAIT TO DO SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU LIKE!

IF YOU HAVE FOOT PAIN, TRY BIRKENSTOCK SHOES OR NAOT!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:59

BF:

We rode this morning again, but cut it a little shorter. I thought it was shorter than it really is and I was very pleased. We rode 6.4 miles today instead of 6.7. DH started out with us, but soon turned around and went home. The two 300 lb goddesses left him in the dust. So, much for the power of the slim. He claims it's because he hasn't been on a bike in over 4 years.

I out weigh him by 130 lbs and haven't been on my bike in 7 years!

FAT CHICKS RULE!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 08:21

BF:

Haven't ridden since Sunday. Did a 6.7 mile ride this morning and it felt good. Those killer hills didn't seem as painful as last Saturday (we skipped the arse numing, leg burning hills on Sunday) and it feels as if my body is taking to the biking with little argument. The pains I get from biking are livable pains.

My feet are doing great since the change in shoes, but I don't do exercise walking. Just normal day to day walking was painful before I changed shoes.

So, if I keep this regiment up I will be riding 32.9 miles a week by the end of this week. Not bad for someone who's been off a bike for 7+ years and weighs 130 more pounds than they did then.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 15:12

BF:

Well, I'm happy to announce that I rode 4.7 miles last night with DH and 6.3 miles this morning. Iris's bike broke in the begining of our ride, but we were able to get it back together so she could finish the ride. Her chain jumped track, then was possessed for the rest of the ride. It kept shifting from gear to gear. Took it to our bike shop and found out the chain was bent, which is why it kept shifting gears. We also got some advice on gear shifting and what not to do. Her bike's all better and our ride is on in the morning.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 09:22

BF:

I did it, I did it!!!!! Iris and I rode 11 miles this morning in one hour! Ouwa, ouwa, ouwa my arse hurts , but oh how wonderful the accomplishment feels! That's a grand total of 41.7 miles for the week! Yeah!!!

Our goal is to do the MS ride to the coast next year this time. That's 150 miles in two days! I sure hope the arse toughens up before then or I don't know if I can do that.... Right now I'm running off of Iris's energy on that subject. She sure is a good partner to have right now.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 06:26

BF:

We rode 6.7 miles last night and DH came with us. When we were finished DH said he didn't want to go with us anymore. Said we don't ride for the joy of it and we are maniacs. If I would have rode any slower for him I would have fallen off my bike! Iris told him that we are trying to lose weight, not take a stoll down the road. DH said we are no fun and he doesn't want to go with us anymore. Maybe now he will happily drive the pace car for us when we go on longer rides, but that will have to be once the arse gets into better condition.

We will be doing another 6.7 miles this morning.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 07:59

BF:

We rode 6.3 miles this morning, but felt very sluggish from last nights dinner. Hopefully tomorrow will not kill me.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 07:31

BF:

Still feeling a little sluggish this morning, but not as bad as Iris. She has a serious case of the bathroom trots.
Went on our 6.7 neighborhood ride with DH instead of with Iris on the 11 mile country route. Just as well, my arse is not doing very well with this biking. Decided to use Prep H last night to see if it's the roids acting up. Bingo! Arse hole felt much better this morning. I could have done the 11 miles, but I'll have plenty of those in my future with Iris.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 22:21

BF:

I didn't really want to go on a ride this morning, but good ol' Iris talked me into it. We rode 7.2 miles and took a few pretty good hills in the process. Prep H is the magic thing for my arse. Glad I didn't wait any longer to take action.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 06:22

BF:

Rode 6.7 miles yesterday morning and I'll probably ride tonight with DH. If I don't ride my bike, I'll do my balance ball exercises.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 09:13

BF:

Rode 9 miles this morning!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 09:09

BF: