Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-05, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Need 2 Lose 250 Pounds, Need Some Help Pls !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey u all,i am Roch and i have posted on this board about a year ago.Like i said in my title i have 250 pounds to lose, and i am scared and worried that i will never get there.I have tried every diet under the sun, including Lc, but given up each time, why oh why am i so bloody weak willed that i cant stop eating.I have been obese all my childhood, and now morbidly obese,i am so desperate to lose weight,and start living a life again.I am a 37 yr old single parent to a gorgeous 13 yr old son, who has missed out on everything because of my size.2 weeks ago i joined WW and lost 13 pounds in the last 2 weeks, but as i suffer from POCS i know deep down that the only diet for me is LC,so here i am back again.
This time i have to suceed and notgive up,i am so depressed with my weight that i am a prisoner in my own home,i dont even have a social life no more as i am 2 embarassed to go out, 2nite i was invited to a party,went with my best friend and her family i felt so uncomfortable that after an hour i made my excuses and left, said it was boring, but really it was that i felt uncomfortable,so here i am writing this post for any of u 2 read.
2morrow i am going to start again LC not sure how many times i have stopped and started, but i am going to try again,so any tips,advice and moral support will be much appreciated, 2 keep me on the straight and narrow path,thanks, take care, have a nice nite, luv Roch xxxx
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 14:23

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

My heart goes out to you.
But I'm wondering why you are quitting WW when for the last 2 weeks it has worked very well for you ??
I'm thinking that you will do LC for 2 weeks and then try something else. You have already admitted that you have no staying power.

With Low-carbing, you and your will power are on your own.
It sounds to me as though you need real support. Have you tried Over-eaters anonymous ? Have you tried going to a slimming club with a friend for support ? Have you spoken to your Doctor for advice ?

Also have you tried Slimming World ? In a nutshell, it's basically l-carbing one day, then carbs only the next. I know many people who have successfully tried this eating plan and lost stones in weight.

I wish you all the best
Ali
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 14:37
Registered Member

BF:

Hi ali, thanks for your message,i can understand what u r saying partly,its not that i dont have staying power it or that i need to go to over eaters annoymous, as i pick at the wrong foods, not over eat.
Yes i have been going back and forth for ww to lc and can see where u r coming from, but deep down i know that with the health probs i have i need to stick with LC diet, and have recently been told that by my doc as well,when i go to ww, i lost 50 pounds in 12 weeks, but after that i could not lose any more weight, so deep down i know i just have to get my arse into geat and stick to one plan, so LC plan is going to be the way forward for me, but with so much weight to lose sometimes it jusat feels like i will be fat 4 ever, that is when i get disheartened and give in,but i have decided to look at LCing in a different way to the rest of the diets i have been on, i have decided to look at it as a way of life and not a diet,so i am going to make lots of changes in my life to adapt to this lifestyle,thanks, take care, luv Roch xx
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 118/106/102 Female 5ft3"
BF:
Progress: 75%

"sometimes it jusat feels like i will be fat 4 ever"
I really feel for you. I have felt the same most of my life. When you're down it makes it very hard to stay motivated to stick to a diet. Perhaps a start would be to look at your life and yourself aside from how much you weigh. You have proved you can lose weight - 50lbs is no mean feet! You need to find positives away from weight and body size to keep you strong when the dieting is difficult.

Love Blair
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 15:04
Registered Member

BF:

Thanx Blair, began to think that hardly any one was going to answer my post.
well i am going to prove to myself that i can do it, like i said in my last ,essage, i know where i was going wrong, i allways saw lcing as a diet, well from now on i am going to re educate my self, this has to be a complete way of life, and i need to take it step by step, and like every one has said to me set small goals, so tomorrow is a new day, and my firat goal i am going to set is to lose 10% of my body weight, which will be approx 40 pounds, so have lost 16, 24 more to go, take care, and thanks, luv Roch xx
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 15:45
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

You have come to the right place that's for sure!! I felt like you, that I was ALWAYS going to be fat, but I can tell you, from coming here for support and coming every single day to log my food....I am well on the way to my goal, and 18 months ago I would never ever have said I would have been.
I had tried every single diet on the market, but ya know what...? LC works!!
Give it your best shot, and it does take time to change the habits of a lifetime, but LC WILL make you thin.
Good luck!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 05:59
Registered Member

Stats: 118/106/102 Female 5ft3"
BF:
Progress: 75%

It's nice to meet another north londoner =) Taking things step by step is the best way. I just look at each 2lbs as a step. Anyway seems overwhelming for me.
I'm on MSN ec if you ever want to chat, just let me know. I have zero social life so I'm online too much lol

Hope today goes well for you.

Love Blair
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 15:03
Registered Member

Stats: 228/228/175 Female 71 Inch
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Greetings

Hi there,

How are you doing?

I did Low carb about a year ago but after feeling sick all the time (not sure if this was anything to do with LC or not) I went back to eating what I felt like and the weight crept back on.

Anyway I have 5 stone to lose to get back to my healthy weight, so I want to start again, at least do the induction diet for a couple of weeks to stop being addicted to carbs.

I was also debating whether to join WW just for the support not really for the diet as such as I hate counting calories.

I think also the good aim of WW etc is to set mini-goals for your weight - if you think you have to lose 5 stone or whatever it seems impossible but if you think I am going to try and lose 1/2 stone at first as a mini goal it will help.

Also have you tried the Paul Mckenna 'I can make you thin' book and CD? that will help motivate you and deal with any psychological issues.

All the best
Grace
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 06:32

Stats: 203/203/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi All
I'm now fatter than ever and with each passing day I feel all the more desperate. I am determined to get off the Yo-yo diet treadmill and any help and support would be gratefully received. Also if there is anyone in the East London area looking for a diet/exercise buddy then I'd be delighted.
Only one more thing to say and that is to wish you all a happy slimmer 2006!!!
Jan