Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 21:21

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 187/187/143
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Snacks

I'm very new to LC and find it difficult to make it through the day without my usual afternoon snack. I'm not craving the chocolate like I was before I went LC, but I would just like something to eat.

Can anyone give me any ideas about different types of LC snacks, both that I can bring from home and buy on the run.

Also, I am really missing my breads and baked sweets. Are there any LC breads or muffins available in Australia?

Do any Fast Food chains sell LC products? Or is there anything I could buy from the seven11?

Kylie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 21:34
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 248/241/148
BF:48%
Progress: 7%
Default snacks

Hi!

Let me see, I like to snack on hard boiled eggs, chunks of hard cheese, celery and cream cheese, cold chicken, even a cup of decaf coffee with a tblsp. of heavy cream works great, and of course there is always water. Pepperoni sticks.

I am sure you will be getting alot more ideas from others soon.

Wishing you the best on your weight loss adventure.

Sandy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Eggs are excellent for a snack but in a quick pinch at work I go over to the little candy round and for a quarter I skip the hot tamalies and m & m's and grab some pistachios instead. Nuts also make a good snack but they are a problem for some people so if you notice a stall that could be the culprit

Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 08:57

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Kylie.....

Snacks can be just about anything that you enjoy eating. Have you checked out the Recipe Forum here for some of the treats that we can indulge in?

There is no reason that you can't have an afternoon snack and in fact, eating more often may help you lose weight better. One of the ways to handle snacks is to stop eating 3 meals a day and start eating 6X. A meal and a snack X 3 would do it. And snacks can be the same content as a meal with smaller quantities.

HTH some.....
Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 16:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Kylie!

If you are hungry go ahead and have that snack! Hunger leads to binging and we don't want to bring that on. When I stop at 7-11, I get the boiled eggs, string or cheddar cheese, macadamia nuts, fancy water, pork rinds, or even a diet soda. One of the great things about low-carbing is that you really shouldn't ever be hungry. You will lose weight faster and feel a lot better if you eat when you are hungry. I think we have all failed on diets that felt like a punishment. Go ahead and eat when you are hungry and good luck! Cindi