Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/187/132
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default What happens if I slip up???

Hi, My name is Rosie and I have been trying to do the induction for the last week. (Day 7 now) On Day 4 I had people around for dinner (BBQ) and had a few drinks which took me out of Ketosis but I was able to get back into it the next day with no real drama. However, last night I was invited to dinner at a friends house and they had cooked a meal which was a LCer's nightmare!!! Do I have to start at day 1 again or do I just soldier on from there??

Feel pretty terrible about it.
Will I put on weight from that, will it undo any good that may have been done? (I do not have a pair of scales).

Thanks so much

Rosie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 19:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

You don't need to start over. Just keep "soldiering on". Make sure you drink your water.

We live in the real world. Most of the rest of the real world is not yet LC. We will encounter social situations that are nightmares. The best thing to do is put it behind you and keep on going. It's not going to undo EVERYTHING you've done.

Hint: Many of us have gotten into the habit of eating something LC BEFORE we go out to a place where we are not sure of the menu. That way we have good food inside of us, and hopefully don't have room for a lot of unfortunate choices. Nobody will notice if you end up being a light eater at the dinner table.

Don't feel terrible about it. Be proud of yourself for having stuck with it this far, and knowing that you will keep on going.

Good luck and happy (LC) eating!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 16:39

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi! Just like Angela says - just keep soldiering on!! We have to remember that it took more than one day to put this weight on and it sure is gonna take more than one day to take it off. If you go off LC don't beat yourself up but just keep on! I have been sick and I am lucky that my Doctor is very supportive of Atkin's - he has lost 98 pounds on Atkins himself! But because I have been ill, he told me to drink as much cranberry and grapefruit juice as possible this week (kidney problems). I was horrified at the thought of having to drink all this high carb juice. But this is a process and things are gonna come along which hang us up. I am still keeping my other carbs low - as I have lost my taste for most carb foods. Hang in there and keep posting - we all face obstacles on our way! Cindi
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 18:42

Stats: 189/187/132
BF:
Progress: 4%

Thanks for your replies

I have a tendency to give things up when I hit even the smallest obstacle. This time I feel I can make a go of this.

Thanx for your support

Rosie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 09:27

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ76
I have a tendency to give things up when I hit even the smallest obstacle.

Hi there Rosie.....

Based on what you've said about yourself, I'd like to make a suggestion. Start a journal here on the site and use it to record your daily menus and how things are going with you and LC. I know that you'll find that you'll have visitors to your journal who will offer information and encouragement along the way, and it could be the ingredient that helps you make it through!

Good luck for your continuing success with LCing!

Marlaine