Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 16:36

Plan: Atkins/Carboite Products
Stats: 285/280/150
BF:?
Progress: 4%
Talking Support

Well this is my last straw. This has got to work I have tried everything else, I figure having support may be the key I havent had all those other times. I just started on Sept 22nd. I do get headaches. Anyone have any clues??

Lowcarb friend
T
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 17:05

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Headaches are often caused by carb and/or caffeine withdrawal, but I'd think you'd be over them by now.

It helps if you post what you've been eating/drinking so members can get an idea what you might be doing right or wrong!

Have you found Fitday yet? http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html It' free...and it lets you record what you've eaten and you can keep track of the carbs, fats and proteins. You can also post a link to your fitday account so you don't have to copy and paste everything on here!

Good luck! Post what you've been eating....and maybe someone can figure it out.

Welcome to the forum!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 20:09
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 248/241/148
BF:48%
Progress: 7%
Default this forum is great support

Welcome!!!

This forum is great for support. You can get all your questions answered here that is for sure.

One thing might help with the headaches is increasing the amount of food you are eating and eating more often. Most the time they are caused by carb or caffeine withdrawl, but could try it and see if it helps

Believe you can and you can!!!!!!

Best of luck in your weight loss adventure.

SAndy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 20:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Singz,

Well if it is support you need you have come to the right place. I have found everyone here to be very knowledgable and kind and best of all..................we are all following low carb plans and know what you are going through in each stage.

As for those headaches........ it could be from caffeine withdrawl if it were in the first week, however at this stage I would make sure you are getting plenty of water. Headaches could be a sign of dehydration.

Good luck
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 03:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default the top of tHIS FORUM

Congratulations on making such an important choice. Like the others have said, you are sure to find support here. There are folks from all walks of life, countries from around the world, and just about everyone with their own success and challenges.

There's a buNch of sticky links at the top of this forum. These contain links to the most commonly asked questions. I believe there's info in there about headaches and withdrawal symptoms.

Most of the very active forums hove those sticky links. Things get added to them periodically, so it's a good idea to pop back into them once in a while to check things out.

Also, there are multiple pages of questions on each forum. Don't be afraid to flip back through older pages. Just because the question was asked a while back, doesn't mean the answer is stale!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 10:47

Plan: Atkins/Carboite Products
Stats: 285/280/150
BF:?
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up Support

I was so please when checked my email this morning. I never expected to have someone respond to me so quickely and more than one person wow I am sure that is will be a great place for me. Today is an okay day, I am going to drink alot more water, Im not a coffee person or cafene person so Im gonna try the water. It cant hurt it will only get me going on the water deal.

I just find myself thinking every second "can I do this". Then I just go brush my teeth and look in the mirror and say " I better" I havent told anyone in my family I dont want to be sabitoged. I have two boys that are thin and fit and I have taught them to eat fruit and eat right and I dont have sweet snacks in this house so I am doing right by them. But my hubby although he love me no matter what weight I am he doesnt understand that I need to do this for ME.

THank you again fellow LC'rs for you support.
Love to all
Teri
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 15:46
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hiya Teri from Texas!! I'm Teri from Texas too!!!

Sounds lke you're on the right road!! You'll do GREAT!!!! I could never lose on any other plan and I've lost 26 lbs so far!!!

Cheers!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome Singz to low carbing and this great bunch of people! This forum has helped me immensely and I have always gotten quick helpful answers to anything I have needed.

I used to have terrible headaches on LC. Aspirin was my friend! I had to add pottassium supplements because nothing else worked. VOILA my headaches dissappeared and I am a much easier person to live with. I take a supplement which is 595 MGs and that works great for me. Everyone's chemistry is different so sometimes we have to experiment with what works for us. The other advice about eating enough and drinking plenty of water is also critically important. Hang in there you can beat these headaches. Welcome aboard. Cindi
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 17:40

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Singz and welcome!

Yes, water is very important when you follow a low carb way of eating...at least eight 8 oz. glasses a day, more if you can drink that much.
Take some time and browse through the board. As Angela suggested, there's LOTS of great information in those stickys at the top of the page. The recipe forum is also great for ideas and recipes as well as the journals of different members.
Consider starting a journal of your own. That is your own special space where you can post daily menus and just generally share whatever's on your mind. Other members can peek in and make suggestions and just generally give support there, too.
Always feel free to ask whenever you have a question. Usually someone comes along to answer you quickly.
Happy low carbing!