Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  MeBLady's Success Story

View Article Article tools
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-05, 17:46

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Good for you, that is a great success story ! I too have been successful with LC but have creeped on 10 lbs in the last year. I am looking to these boards for motivation again. I still eat LC 99% of the time, but my one big downfall is social drinking (beer) and eating too late at night.

Thanks for the inspiration !
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/251/145 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Lori,
What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing! I am just starting out and really need the motivation!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/189/147 Female 63 inches
BF:Yep.. still there!
Progress: 52%

Oh my goodness... i SOOOO need to pin you up on my fridge! hehe to remind me of what I could look like! look at your legs... in SHORTS of all things! Something I've refused to wear for far too many years!

congrat's on your new found 'you' !
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 01:43

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

Hi Lori, what a wonderful "heartfelt" success story!!!

you started doing this just a month before I did. I have only lost 10 lbs......

you should be so proud of yourself!

have a wonderful day, Gina
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 12:00

Plan: SBD
Stats: 200/198/140 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up Awesome truly awesome!!!!!

That is all there is to say. I am just starting on this journey with great skepticism.Great job, unfortunaely at the cost of almost losing a loved one, but yet waking up someone else. I hope to someday have a success stry to hare as well. God Bless you and your family. Kep up the Great job. Sincerely sue
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-05, 23:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, Lori! What an amazing story. I had no idea that severe complications of diabetes like your father had could be reversable. What a miracle that both of you had angels on earth that got you started down a path that made such a difference in your lives.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-05, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 380/352/200 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Lori,
Thank you so much for sharing your story..your truely my inspiration..congradulations on your weight loss! And I hope you are enjoying the attention from your husband! Good luck with all you do!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-05, 13:39

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Thanks to all of you for reading my story and commenting....I wrote my story when I was 6 pounds away from a "liveable" goal weight back in July, and have since lost another 15 pounds and reached my ideal weight and size.

I was crying when I wrote my success story, and still have a hard time not getting teary eyed when I read it.

As an update, my father has regained 20 pounds in maintenance, but still doing very well and still medication free. He has meds for high BP on hand in cases of stress, but controls his diabetes completely by diet. He was recently cleared to drive again, which was the hardest part of his disabilities, and he was depressed for awhile thinking he would never have that independance again.

When he first came home from the hospital, he had some paralysis on his left side, his face had the look of someone "melting"...thankfully, that was the first thing to disappear. His vision was completely blurred, to a point that he could only recognize family members by our height and posture, could not identify even the color of our clothes or the number of fingers we would hold in front of him.

Over time, his vision improved to reading a newspaper with high powered glasses. He is now back to using his old reading glasses. Still has some problems with perifual <sp> vision, but it has now improved enough for him to drive again. He claims that his thought process IS impaired.....he's sharp, but has to think an extra second of two before his thoughts will "click".

Motor functions are completely intact. He walks and swims for exercise without any problems, but had to work up to building some endurance.

I saw him for the first time since I started my own LC WOL just last week. He told me I looked 16 again....and I happily gave him a huge hug and let him know how happy I was that he was still here....and thanked him repeatedly for being my own inspiration :-)

Lori aka MeBLady
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 09:36
Registered Member

Stats: 207/203/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 5%

Oh my god.....your story brought tears to my eyes and hope in my heart!!! I want all the little pains and high blood pressure and blood sugar to all go away!! You made me feel like
I CAN DO THIS!! Thank you
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 10:22

Stats: 282/222/199 Female 5ft3
BF:
Progress: 72%

your story is so inspiring, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Thank you. You give me courage to keep going " to run with it" .
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 12:02

Stats: 174/169/153 Female 5ft 7.5 inches
BF:26%
Progress: 24%
Default thank you for your moving story

I loved your story. Some of it was funny "I had to accept that I was now a hippo". Some of it was scary - your dad's near death experience. All of it inspirational and filled with love.

thank you
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 22:23

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Lori, what can I say . . . . you look absolutely incredible. I love the way you write: so alive and friendly. You're so positive. Thank you for having the courage to ask that man about his WOE and then for grabbing the brass ring. I'm so thankful for your success and that you shared here. Peace.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 20:31

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I can't believe how little you are now = wow, you look wonderful. THanks for sharing your story
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb(my own)Pregnant
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 21%

WOW thank you for this story it has changed my mind to give up.I was givin in and was done with this LC but after reading what you had to say im staying right here where I belong you could have saved my life. See what a story will do thank you
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 02:14
No Excuses!!

Plan: Atkins/M&E/Very LC
Stats: 295/264/125 Female 5'2"
BF:ALOT!!!!!!!!
Progress: 18%

Wow I am sooooo impressed!!! You look like a totally different person. Thanks for sharing your story. It has inspired me.