Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 20:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 14%

skylee~ SMALL STEP????? are you kidding...that was HUGE!!!!! good job girl...that is MAJOR!!!! I havent tryed any of the bars...I am afraid they will trigger the "sugar monster".....do you find they trigger you? way to go on your work out also...I keep telling myself I am gonna start a routine but havent yet i so need to cuz I am ms. flabby!!! will this cottage cheese go away as I get closer to goal or am I stuck with it for life? surely exercise will help right?

sanfar...dont feel lonly....I cant ever get the sticks to go to dark purple...I have got them to turn to the shade before that though!!! hey....as long as they are at least pinkish purple...we should be cool!!! I also have liver plex...but I have not taken them for a while!!! here is what i take daily~~
1000 mg Vit. C
1000 mg fish oil
mega does of B complex
potassium
magnesium
of course my antibiotics for now
hhmmmm...seems like I am forgetting something!!!

I am gonna use all these up before I open the new Vits I just got from Vitamin world...some mega vit with minerals and herbs just for women!!!

I know I need to add calcium but I cant afford it right now!!!

veronica~~great news about your hubby joining you!!! thats extra motivation!!! you are doing great...just forget about that egg roll!!!

well ladies...I am glad to have met all of you!!! this is so awsome to have people to chat with and to be supportive to one another!!!

untill tomorrow ladies!!!

10 pound challenge

browniz30...starting weight...199
skylee....starting weight...161
veronica....starting weight..195
sanfar....starting weight...242.5
greeniz..starting weight...265
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile Day 2

Hi everyone,
Day two is just about over with and I think I did quite good. No cheats. Probably had a little more cheese then I should have yesterday but overall not bad. Did well with the water intake except could have had more today. I was so busy that I didn't have time.
I am determined at this point in time. I hope the motivation continues.
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 08:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks for the info on the vitamins ladies, we're off to go shopping again, think I will stop at GNC and see what they have. I know I need to start taking some.

I don't find these bars increase my cravings. But, if I eat the ones that are loaded with the sugar alcohols then I do find my cravings going up. Last night I picked up a box of Q-smart snack bars, peanut butter chocolate chip by Quaker. They were pretty good. Still pretty low in sugar alcohol, they had 4, but they also had 10g of protein so I'm thinking they will be a great breakfast food when I am in a hurry.

Went shopping last night and spent way too much money. But, going again today, I almost have the Christmas shopping done, dang these kids get expensive!! Since my DH gets laid off in the winter money starts to get tighter, so I always stock up now to make it through the winter. I stock up on all the little things, that really add up after awhile. Things like shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, tampons, razors, soaps, etc etc. Well last night spent like $300 on just these kinds of things. But it will be nice to have them on hand and not worry about it when the money is not coming in.

Until later ladies.......

Jenny
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 10:33

Stats: 268/235/140 Female 5'4"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 26%

Morning Ladies....yes I'm alive and well. Sounds like everyone is doing great!!

I am 3/4 days "straight" now. I swear food is my drug!! I actually weighed in at 260.5 this morning, so I'm doing great. I will change my ticker later when I get home, I'm at school right now! I am so happy that my mind set has changed for the positive again.

Ladies it is very difficult to get the right frame of mind, at least for me it is, once I've let go, even just a little bit. I've had yrs of self criticism and it's just a terrible bad habit. So I'm up again..and pray I'll stay this way!! GOOD LUCK GIRLS!! WE ROCK!!

Donna
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 19:53

BF:

Greeniz~~ Yeah!!! I am ssoooo glad you are back!!!
I was getting very worried about you!!! Your weight loss is GREAT news!!! you go on wit yo bad self!!!! I am glad to see you found the strength to fight that negative crap and win!!! that is awsome!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! keep your eyezz on the prize girl!!! Sorry I didnt get to chat with you long today...my kids were going crazy!!!(as you could here!!) call me tomorrow!!! I am so proud of you for picking your strength back up with everything else you have going on!!! I know how hard it is to take care of kids and go to school and then try to take care of yourself!!!! you are doing a great job....keep it up!!!!

Sweets~~~ dont sweat the cheese girl!!! sounds like you are doing great!! I am glad to see we all got our focus back!!! there for a minute...it was getting scarey for all of us!!!

Skylee~~smart thinking to stock up while you can girl!!! its always nice to KNOW you have what you need!! as far as christmas shopping goes...I havent even started!!! I am so busted and discusted right now...I dont know how I am gonna get these kids anything!!!! They keep pushing my start date for work back...so who knows when I will even get to start!!! it's all good though....I am NOT gonna stress...I am confidant everything will work out!!!

well ladies have a nice night!!!
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 20:44
Registered Member

Stats: 225/218/160 Female 5ft5in
BF:32%before
Progress: 11%

hi everyone how are you all doing sounds like everyone has had a good day .. i eat the following but i dont know if my stick maybe darker because im still on induction? for breakfast today i had grilled chicken cutup into chunks & veg mix of brocoli,squash,mini corn but i didnt eat that,mushrooms.that was a late breakfast becaus i had to take my kids to a drs appt.at 8 in the morning for lunch i had an atkins gronolabar for dinner i had chicken wings& 2sausage patties &lots of water i dont drink anything else for now...
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 20:44
Registered Member

Stats: 225/218/160 Female 5ft5in
BF:32%before
Progress: 11%

hi everyone how are you all doing sounds like everyone has had a good day .. i eat the following but i dont know if my stick maybe darker because im still on induction? for breakfast today i had grilled chicken cutup into chunks & veg mix of brocoli,squash,mini corn but i didnt eat that,mushrooms.that was a late breakfast becaus i had to take my kids to a drs appt.at 8 in the morning for lunch i had an atkins gronolabar for dinner i had chicken wings& 2sausage patties &lots of water i dont drink anything else for now...
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 03:52

BF:

Good morning ladies, only have a quick minute, have to get my butt to work by 5 this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day, will check in later.

Jenny
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 04:40

BF:
Talking Good morning

Well hubby and I are into day 4 and so far so good. I am feeling quite tired however and I am not sure if this is part of the induction or just me :-) I have had a headache as well but I know it is due to the caffeine and sugar withdrawals. This shall pass.
I am up early as this is the only peace and quiet and alone time I have to myself before I wake kids up for school and go off to work.
I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for the support.
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 08:40

BF:

sweets~~ hang in there girl!!! the first week of induction was hell for me!! I was extremely tired,had awful headaches and very moody!!! dont worry...it WILL pass!!! I think it has ALOT to do with "withdraws" and detox also!!!
next week...you should feel great!!!!

skylee!!! OMG...5 in the mornin??? I couldnt do it!!! you go girl!!! what do you do at work?

well ladies we are all doing great!!!

veronica~ your menu looks great!!! keep up with those great choices!!!

till later ladies!!!!!!

oh...hey....dont forget to weigh in tomorrow for the 10 pound challenge!!!!
first weigh in WHOO HOO!!!

10 pound challenge

#116   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 14:14

Plan: Low GI/cal
Stats: 254.1/232.5/132 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

sanfar....starting weight...242.5/238

Good morning all, Had a quick catch-up on the thread. You all seem to be rocketing along

Sweets - You are doing well; the yukky feeling is from induction and getting rid of some toxins (and withdrawal too). It will soon pass and you should gain some energy.

Greeniz - well done on your lbs down!

Wishing you all a lovely day and happy LC'ing

Sandra
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 20:12

BF:

Hi ladies, looks like everyone is doing great!!

I'm kindof excited about the weigh in tomorrow, no idea what the scale will say. This is the longest I have gone without weighing myself, I have to admit it was REALLY tough. But, glad I stayed away from it, didn't feel like a slave to it. I've had a great week with the eating and workouts, but I know I am trying to gain muscle so the scale may actually be up tomorrow, kindof trying to prepare myself for this. Either way I'm going to keep going.

Sweets congrats making it 4 days!! I also experienced the headaches and tiredness at first, but your right it shall pass. Just hang in there. I get up early most morning too, just for this alone time, BTW, how many kids do you have and how old are they?

Browniz, I work in a nursing home as a baker, not my dream job, but it has to do until I can get back to school, once the kiddies get a little older. But it pays the bills and has great insurance, which is worth a lot. Unfortunately we really do make good food. Today I made banana bread, chocolate cake with buttercreme frosting, and cherry crisp, but I stayed away from it all. Also, we are allowed to eat whenever and whatever we want so this doesn't help!! I also work what they call a split shift. Some days I work from 5am-1:30pm, other days I work 9:30am-6pm. I do really great on my early days, but the late days are tough, not quite sure why, think it is because I'm not as busy and too much free time to think about food. This week I work late Fri, Sat, & Sun, so I'm hoping to get through it without any cheats!!

Browniz, have you heard anymore about your job?? When you will start??

I bought a pedometer yesterday and wore it today, found out I walked 7 miles today!!

Sanfar, hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Was wondering if anyone was up for a little workout challenge to go with the weightloss challenge. Nothing huge, just like a goal of 15 min. a day. Trust me I know how difficult it can be to get this in, we are all very busy. But, we are also worth it!!

Hope everyone has a great night!!

Jenny
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 22:57

BF:

Skylee~~ WOW!!! Cudo's to you for staying so focused working in that field!!I KNOW that's gotta be hard especially around TOM!!! you really otta give yourself a BIG hand for being so in control in that environment!!!
The job called me yesterday...she said the lady who is going to train me took an extra week of maternity leave!!! she told me to hang in there and I would be starting soon!!! AAGGGHHH!!! at least I know I have a job waiting...I guess...but I need $$$ NOW!!!!
that exercise challenge sound GREAT!!! just what I need!!! I have been saying I was gonna add excerise now for a couple weeks and still havent!!! so...yeah...cool...when do we start??? Feel free to come up with something and post it!!! you are right...WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!

ok everyone....see ya at the scales tomorrow!!!
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Nov-11-05, 04:46

BF:
Smile Good morning

Hello everyone,

Well I won't weigh in today seeing that it is only day 5 for me but will do so next week for sure.

Skylee, I have two daughters who are 11 and 13. The 11 yr old will give me grey hair I am sure but I love them to death.

I too like the idea of an exercise challenge but I have no idea when I will find the time.

I finish work early today...oh I can't wait. It has been a long week.
Have a great day everyone.
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Nov-11-05, 06:41

BF:

ok.....here it is first weigh in of the 10 pound challenge!!!!!

10 pound challenge

browniz30...starting weight...199...current 196 (-3)

who ever weighs in this week just copy and paste the above and add your stats like I did!!! Each week we can just change our "current"!! I have only lost 3 but hey...I'll take it!!!

ok ladies...gotta go to my kiddies awards assembly at school!!! will check in later!!!