Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 22:02

Plan: low carb
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default 2 fat chicks and induction challenge...come join us!!!

my friend greeniz35 and I just started induction this week and we welcome people to join our challenge to stay cheat free week by week!!! everyone is welcome here!!! we can post our cheat free days and lots of encouragement!!! come on....we can do this!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 22:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/235/140 Female 5'4"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 26%

That's right...with the power of frienship and support we can do this!!! Day #2 cheat free here and on my way to a great start into induction!! Thank you God and browniz30, could not have gotten motivated without you!!! ROCK ON PPL!!! On our way to health...and never turning back again. I am already losing my cravings for sweets, that is a miracle!! Here I come skinny...full force with a SERIOUS VENGEANCE!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 13:13

BF:

well greeniz...looks like its just me and you for the moment!!! still going strong!!! not very hungry at all today!!! I just know that we can keep this great focus going and reach our goal!!! I am soooo excited!!!! keep up the good work...you are doing awsome!!!! 4 days cheat free!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 13:40

Plan: M/E & Atkins
Stats: 257/206/199 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:way too high!
Progress: 88%

Hi girls.....I started induction again on Monday ('cause I was bad bad bad...and kinda went off plan....dang carbs!!!). Soooooo this makes me 4 days cheat free...woohooooooooooo

Good luck to both of you!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 19:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi ladies, I'd like to join in here if it's ok. I've been doing atkins for almost 4 months, but last week slipped BAD, and I'm back on induction. I find I'm most comfortable doing this. Otherwise my cravings get out of control.

I love your attitudes, your gonna do this!! Great job making it through the first few days, a lot of people say they are the hardest, and I have to agree.

I'll share a little about me. I'm 29, married with two boys (1 & 2). I've struggled with my wieght from little on. Finally lost a bunch and kept it off until I got pregnant and then it was all down hill. Started my first pregnancy at 150 and managed to reach 221 back in June. I started Atkins on my 29 birthday, so it is my ultimate goal to be at my goal wieght by the time I turn 30, I want to be healthier and sexier than ever!!

So good luck to everyone, we are gonna do this!!

Jenny
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 08:32

BF:

ozzycrazy and skylee...WELCOME!!!!! I am soo excited to see new people come here and join us!!!! 5 days cheat free now!!! lets all keep in contact and keep the encouragement going!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 09:03

Plan: none in particular....
Stats: 200/200/160 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi girls,
I failed on some days of my induction that I started ot the 4th. So far I have lost 5 pounds though, but this weekend is a test because I am at my parents and they dont prepare low crb meals. I will have to finds ways of politely refusing....help.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 09:11

Rock on GIRLS!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Yesterday, was yep tempting come nightime, found myself wanting to emotionally eat...Thank God I had just went to the grocery and had plenty of low carb/no carb stuff to eat. Man, for me it's more mental I think than anything else, but I AM CHOOSING and in CONTROL of what I put in my mouth!! I am 4 days now cheat free and steady .....I hate that time of the month, these are usually my worst days....but I have to say I don't have the crazy cravings right now, probably 'cause I'm in induction...has to be why. I am in ketosis and thrilled, but tempted to want to get on the scale everyday, and know I'm not just going to loose pounds but inches, as a Wise browniz30 teaches me. What would I do without ya browniz30? I'm telling all ppl who join this thread...we will support and uplight each other always!! POWER IN NUMBERS!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 11:12

Plan: M/E & Atkins
Stats: 257/206/199 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:way too high!
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskar
Hi girls,
I failed on some days of my induction that I started ot the 4th. So far I have lost 5 pounds though, but this weekend is a test because I am at my parents and they dont prepare low crb meals. I will have to finds ways of politely refusing....help.

Same here Chriskar....I'm going to my inlaws all weekend....and there's always lot's of junk food around....yikes!!! Will try to stay cheat free...
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 20:43

BF:

greeniz~ me....wise? LOL LOL thank you!!! I am so proud of you for still going strong!!! I started a journal today..so everyone feel free to stop by and check in with me!!! I know how ya feel about wanting to get on the scale everyday....me too!!!! I AM NOT getting back on till monday!!! that's my official weight and measurement day!!!

to both of you that are going to junkfood heaven.....you have been doing so well on induction thus far....just try to look at the stuff as poison...cuz really it is!!! best of luck to ya!!!! if they have a computer....log on here and we will help!!!! try to stay strong!!! i know how hard it can be!!!

TTFN
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-05, 02:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

chriska, great job on the loss of 5lbs. Good luck at your parents, I know how hard it can be when your away. Maybe pack yourself a few LC snacks in case you get in a pinch. So you slipped up a few a times on induction, try not to look at it as "failing", most of us have done this, just pick up where you left off and continue with what you were doing and the lbs. will continue to melt off. Really, you're doing GREAT!!

Ozzy, good luck at the in-laws also. Stay strong, maybe explain what you are doing. Hopefully they will be happy for you and encourage you with your new WOL.

Greeniz and Browniz, you two are doing great. I love your attitudes!! Very inspiring to read how to determined you both are.

I agree, WE WILL DO THIS!!

Jenny
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-05, 22:09

Ladies, I have stumbled.....but not defeated!!! I went out last night with a friend, and tied on a good one!! I had rum with diet coke, then some beer!!!Man, I haven't done that in YRS!! But I got up and still stayed true to my eating right and didn't go all the way and let myself go and eat anything and everything. Hang over's tend you make your body especially crave foods. I did drink tons of water too, which is good. The only thing I did do today was eat a bag of popcorn, which I know is a no no, but hey....I'll be back on top in the morning...I just HAD to have something to chew on!! . Sorry girls, sorry, Donna...but I AM NOT DOWN!! I'm still in this for LIFE and that's just the way it's GONNA BE!! Keep Rockin' girls!! WE CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS!!!
Donna
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 10:15

BF:

greeniz.....I am very proud of you for being so honest!!!! I hope we all can be honest on here!!!! acknowledgement is a great thing!!!! Try to keep some porkrinds around so you'll always have a salty snack on hand!!! I ate some bbq ones this weekend and it did the trick for me!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! We went to a corn maze with my mom and sis...it was soo fun!!! they had a scavenger hunt and we ended up walking 2.5 miles!!! also had soccer games...next week is the last game!!! I am kinda relieved but also wondering what I am going to do to keep my kids busy on a budget!~!!
7 DAYS CHEAT FREE!!!
I amde it one week!!! I have never been able to make it 2 weeks in a row cheat free so that is my goal!!!
since everyone is on different scheaduals of when we started induction...how about we all make a fresh start on Monday? then the weekly challenge would be mon through sun....sound ok with everyone?
see ya tomorrow!!!!
I also plan to start adding exercise this week!! does anyone else have a workout schedual?
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 19:28

YOU GO GIRL!! ONE WHOLE WEEK CHEAT FREE...now THAT'S saying something to me!!Like I said you ARE wise browniz....and I will get those pork rinds tomorrow. I've done well today girls, nothing but fresh made chicken salad I made myself, with onion and mayo and salad for me today. I'm back and I'm staying. I was thinking today, how this really is a change in thinking. Everyone just continue to think positive, I know just because that scale may not be moving, my body is still working on transformation, and most importantly, my mind is. Rock on Ladies!!! We will Succedd!!!

Donna
p.s.
Ya'll browniz, calls me everyday to check on me, don't know what I would do if I didn't have someone to do this with and be accountable to! Get a buddy ladies, if you don't have one yet, makes a WORLD of difference to know someone else is going through the same thing! Thanks browniz, I luv ya!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 06:24

Good morning all! I am finally in Ketosis again, after last Friday's night out....and diligentally working at eating right, I'm back on track! I am so excited. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I'm not going to be dissapointed but I am going to recheck my measurements. Wish me luck all, this is my 4th day (start over since Friday) in induction and cheat free!! WHOO HOO!