Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 09:48

Plan: Keto/Low Carb
Stats: 170/120/100 Female 5ft.0in.
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving!

The holidays are coming and I do not want to gain anymore.

So, I am challenging myself to lose ten pounds by Thanksgiving. Anyone is welcome to join me.

My goals are to drink more water. Any amount is an improvement with me. I am also starting a walking plan. I will start off slow with 15-20 minutes a day and work up from there to 45 minutes a day 4-5 days a week.

Starting weight is 165 and I will weigh in once a week.

So, feel free to join in. Come on! We can do it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 18:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/136/108 Female 62 inches
BF:35/28/20
Progress: 7%

I would like to be your buddy. 10 pounds before Thanksgiving sounds good to me, being that all I have been doing lately is gaining. I would really like to be about 25 pounds lighter by my next birthday -- January 1st. I am just starting LC tomorrow morning. Have you been doing this long? Any success?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 20:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner
I would like to be your buddy. 10 pounds before Thanksgiving sounds good to me, being that all I have been doing lately is gaining. I would really like to be about 25 pounds lighter by my next birthday -- January 1st. I am just starting LC tomorrow morning. Have you been doing this long? Any success?

Ha! Funny you should ask. I have been playing around with LC for the past year. Not much success because I decided to work on the inside stuff first. But I believe wholeheartedly in this WOE.
I am ready to try again and am feeling much stronger about it this time.

Anyway turner I am glad to have you hear. It will be great having the extra support.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 03:52

Cheri:
Here it is in writing. I am going to be 41 on January 1st. I am 5'2" and weigh 138 as of this morning. For the last year (well, since January) I have been on the six week body makeover. The first week I lost 7 pounds. The most that I lost altogether was 18 pounds, but then I got bored with the program and have gained back all but 5. On the 6WBMO you cut out all salt, sugar, and fat. With my body type, all I could eat protein wise was chicken or turkey. After 9 months of that, it gets pretty boring!
Don't get me wrong. The program works for other people, but I must have variety in my life. It's not bread that I was missing. It was crunch. I started sneaking food and being a "proactive eater" -- my new term for eating just in case I might get hungry later on . I have gotten to where I can't pass a convience store without thinking of something that I need to eat and then, more times than not, stopping to get it. Yesterday it was circus peanuts; those big orange sugary peanut shaped cellulite in disquise things that I do not even like. Why did I eat them? Because I remembered from years past stopping at that store and getting some.
Today I start off on Day 1 of the LC WOE.
So, this morning I am eating bacon and eggs. For lunch I have a salad with shrimp and 2TBLS of dressing (for the first time in a year).
I go to the gym and water aerobics three times a week, but I get in at least 30 minutes of cardio every day.
Surely, this weight will start coming off soon.

Turner
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 05:12

BF:

I am 41 and am 5'0".
I know what you mean about getting bored with the food and needing variety. You say you miss crunchy things? How about pork rinds? I have them made with a creamcheese salsa dip. Also, I don't care much for beef so I have a lot of chicken and fish also.
It does get boring. I did try a new recipe for dinner. I sauteed a little onion in butter, then added 1 can of salmon and some creamcheese. Very good!
About the exercise. That is something I love to do but haven't had much time for. I won't be able to start today. Today is my last day of school, so I have to get there very early and then after that I have to go to work.
I will start walking again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a good day turner!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 18:28

Okay, Cheri:
What is the creamcheese salsa dip stuff? I bought pork rinds so that I could make the french toast, but I forgot the whipping cream.
tonight I had a turkey burger topped with pepperjack cheese and salsa on top of lettuce. It was actually good, kinda like a taco salad.
One way that I get in exercise is by marching in place while I do whatever housework (cooking, folding clothes) I need to do. I have some of those Walk Away the Pounds tapes that I can keep the rhythm with if I need them. I can usually get in 30 minutes extra per day by doing this. I try to do this in the morning so I know that I will get in some type of exercise each day.

I am so glad that you are here to help me through the different things. It's nice to know that we are about the same age and height.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 21:06

BF:

Hi Turner

Looks like it is just you and me in this challenge so far. This is the first challenge that I have started so I have no idea how to get more people to join. But even if it is just you and me we will carry on right?

The creamcheese salsa dip is just that. I take a little creamcheese, microwave until soft and then add the salsa and mix. It is a very nice dip.

Well tomorrow, I start the walking. I haven't walked in a few months so I will start with just 15-20 minutes.

I will talk to you tomorrow.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 09:50

I don't have any idea how to get anyone to join our thread. Maybe you can post a "join us" thread with the name of this thread in the message? Right now it is okay with just the two of us.
I bought some low-carb cheese straws yesterday. It was the first time that I have been able to eat cheese straws "legally" in almost a year. I separated them into the serving sizes which equals about 12 -- I used my kitchen scale. It was so freeing.
I feel better about myself than I have felt in a long time. I feel like I am finally getting control over my life. Knowing that I have such a wide variety to choose from has given me the great feeling that I don't need to sneak food and feel like crap afterwards.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:01

BF:

Did my 15 minutes of walking and I feel great!
Tomorrow I'm going for 20-25 minutes.
Still having a hard time drinking water. I drank a little after I exercised then came home and made a pitcher of Crystal Lite Raspberry Icetea!

Good idea Turner. I will start a thread right now called "Join Us". We are still not doing such a bad job keeping this one alive even with only two of us.

Keep up the good work!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 19:23

I don't really like plain water, so I sliced a lime and took it to work with me today to add to my water. I managed to get in 80oz. as opposed to 1/2 cup on a regular day.
good job on the walking. Sometimes it just takes getting started.
See ya tomorrow!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 07:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi turner and Nobread!!

I would love to join in here, I need all the support I can get!! My goal is to be at 160 by Thanksgiving. This is an important goal for me. My sons 3rd birthday is two days after Thanksgiving. I have pictures from his birthday last year, and I look awful. I want to have some taken this year and look good in them. I'm so excited about it!!

Nobread, it's funny you mention fried onions in butter. I was never a big onion fan, but now I fry them up and put them on everything. They are like my favorite thing to eat now! I think I could just fry up a big bowl and just eat them .

I will tell you I don't know how often I can check in. Some weeks I do great and post often, then other times I just don't have the time and can go for a while without posting. Lately times have been rough, and haven't been around so much, but it appears maybe things are settling down a little and I will have more time. But, know I am in this for the long haul.

WE CAN DO THIS, WE WILL DO THIS!!

Jenny
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 08:44

BF:

Welcome Jenny

About not being able to post very often. Don't worry about it. I can totally relate to that. Sometimes I go several days also without posting. Just pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

Ok so now we have me, Turner, Jenny and if I am not mistaken Samantha and foxgluvs are joining in also.

My goal for today is to stick to eating plan, since I fell off a little yesterday, drink 40 oz of water, and walk 20-25 minutes. I will visit later on tonight and update.

Have a great day everyone!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 11:14

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello.
My name is sharon. Im 27 and live near Chicago. I would love to join you in the thanksgiving challange. I need to loose about 10 more pounds and this sounds perfect. I didn't loose anything for a while but I stuck to it and now my body is starting to loose again...
Im so happy. My goal is to be at 145 by Thanksgiving......
Lets do it guys!!!
Sharon
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 11:18

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey hey ho ho my pity parties got to go.
hey hey ho ho my pity parties got to go
Im going to loost this 10 pounds because I care about my body!!!!!!!
I wont make excuses anymore.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 13:26
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Ok, so I'm in too!! I have to lose more weight, it's been kinda slow around here for a while, so I'll join your challenge!!
I'd love to be 218 by then!
Go me and everyone!!