Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 05:26

Plan: Atkins.
Stats: 226/222/161 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 6%

Well my relationship is on the rocks but I am still trying to stay on course with my diet.

Today's menu

Breakfast: Two slices of organic bacon, two organic fried eggs, two fried cherry toms. TSP of Mayo. One slice of chedder.

Lunch: Chicken Soup

Snack: walnuts, celery and low fat Bousin cheese, diet Coke.

Dinner: More Chicken soup, smoked fish and two small slices of rye toast and butter.

Exercise walk to shops.
I am seriously low right now, I am not working again and I am hurt by boyfriend.

Last edited by emmy207 : Wed, Sep-21-05 at 12:24.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 06:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

I am reporting in with my apologies, I last posted here 20th July, there are so many great challenges at this forum that I forgot my invlolvement here. I caught up and read all the posts...what a great group and some great losses special congrats to jenic5476.
Wish you all continued luck, I have joined so many challenges I better call this one quits. I am sure to see you around the forum.
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 14:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185.5/172.0/134 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/29%/25%
Progress: 26%

Special lto Emmy:

If he didn't LOVE YOU, treat you like a QUEEN, and ENJOY you as you are -- HE'S THE WRONG GUY FOR YOU. Doesn't make him (necessarily) a bad person. But for sure it does not mean YOU AREN'T JUST FINE. Go out and find Mr. Right...Mr. WRONG just did you a big favor.

P.S. My goal: 4 pounds by Sept. 30th. I was up this AM and really NOT HAPPY about it. More careful eating, more exercise and GOTTA DRINK MY WATER...
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 04:55
Registered Member

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 242/228/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

emmy 207! I feel for you. My guy just decided we needed to take a break on Tuesday but i found out Yesterday when I found the key I gave him under a bag on my table. This will only make me work harder! Keep all the good work you are doing! We will all get there! We should all be proud of ourselves, and no man can ever take what we are accomplishing away from us!
  #155   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 07:13

Hey Ladies --

I can recommend a HEART HEALING book which puts those "bad boy" boyfriends into instant perspective...

"Loving What Is" by Byron Katie is amazing. I cannot recommend it highly enough -- especially when you need to do some clear and useful RANTING...

See www.thework.org for book and Work Sheet.

Good luck all,
Ruth

P.S. My grandmother would say "There's a lot of fish in the sea. Toss that rotten one back and keep on fishing..."
  #156   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 09:53

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 440.0/421.0/200.0 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I would love to join now, I'm a little late but I've set a decent goal for myself. 250 pounds by December 25, 2005. I started at 320 pounds in January of 2004, got down to 235 in September of 2004. Now I'm back up to 271.5. Not too proud, but a lot has happened in my life in the past year that I can see why I gained some of the weight back.

So, my goal = 250 pounds by Christmas. That's a 21 pound loss in about three months. I think I can do it. =]
  #157   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 13:29

Welcome Toni Marie...

And you've shown that you CAN do this. Which is something to be very proud of.

This is a wonderful, supportive board.

You've come to the right place, and at the right time.

Yours,
Ruth
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 05:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenic5476
emmy 207! I feel for you. My guy just decided we needed to take a break on Tuesday but i found out Yesterday when I found the key I gave him under a bag on my table. This will only make me work harder! Keep all the good work you are doing! We will all get there! We should all be proud of ourselves, and no man can ever take what we are accomplishing away from us!

I have no idea what is going on, I am completely confused by him. I can't just walk away because he is in a mess right now. But I am really hurting. They problem is he and I are very similar people. We are both Cancerians so we understand each other well and like him I suffer from depression and understand him not wanting to talk to anyone.Is he going to come back to me?
I am worried, have just lost a job, still have to move soon and I want my man back. I have become an insomniac and my weight is yo-yoing.
I have had to come up with a B plan, looking to move to Winchester instead of Hertford which is nearer him. The difference between north of London and south of London!!!!
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 18:14

Dear Emmy --

Do NOT follow that man anywhere. MOVE ON no matter how painful it feels now. You are being spared a future hurt that's twice as harsh!! What if you had another 2-3 years invested in this man, and he dumped you then?? Could have happened.

Seriously -- please treat yourself to LOVING WHAT IS, by Byron Katie. Read it (or listen to the tapes or CDs) and practice it, and you will free yourself for incredible happiness.

I promise.

Ruth
  #160   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 01:55

BF:

I spoke to him yesterday and he is still very down but I felt some progress has been made. I haven't been dumped but he is feeling highly anti-social. I just have to be patient because I understand it and just wait for him.
  #161   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 06:04
Registered Member

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 242/228/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Keep your head up Emmy and don't let any man bring you down! It will all work out the way it is supposed to, it always does!
  #162   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 11:11

BF:

I try to think that way too jenic. I just want him well.
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 14:27
Undercover Goddess

Stats: 360/304.2/180 Female 71 inches
BF:Half Price Special
Progress: 31%

Hey everyone. Yes, I am finally checking in again. *faints* School has been extremely demanding so I haven't had much time to spend on the board. I'm happy to see so many new faces around here. Good luck to everyone.

Even better, I can report another 3 pound loss! The poundage seems to be coming off rather slowly but I can see the inches falling off. I have increased my exercise routine which most likely has something to do witht that.

Have a great weekend everyone!

322/304.2/270
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 14:18

Hi Gang,

A HORRIBLE day yesterday -- I literally ate every carb in sight (well, almost).

And I paid with a nasty tummy upset complete with the "trots"...

Back on the straight and narrow today.

Regards to all,
Ruth
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 02:42

BF:

Well I belong in the corner of the room, I have gained three pounds.
I have really struggled to stay on track the last couple weeks, between insomnia and heartache, then fluctuating between not eating and eating too many carbs, because they make me sleepier at night etc.
But I am back again, Allan has been in touch and is getting better. The patient, backing off approach seems to be working, he will be back to himself, I know he will.
So my eating habits are more settled again, I am sleeping better too, which helps.