Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 13:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/243/150
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default what d'yall think of whey protein powder?

I bought a cannister of chocolate flavored whey protein powder thinking I'd mix it up with my carbsolutions to get different nutritional stuff. Each mix has its own mix of vitamins and minerals. And I was thinking the whey protein would another variation for my body.

Yuck-o. Even when I douse it with extract flavors and extra cream I do not like the whey.

Is it my imagination or does the whey protein taste the same?

Reminds me of little miss muffet, eating her curds and whey. . .did anyone ever get the impression Ms. Muffet didn't like the whey?!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 16:50

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Reminds me of little miss muffet, eating her curds and whey. . .did anyone ever get the impression Ms. Muffet didn't like the whey?!

LOL Never thought bout that before...

Anyways, I hate whey protein powder but drink it anyways for the 40g of protein per shake. I still have a whole 3lb container left... After browsing around on the internet, and other stores and seeing other lowcarb shakes that prolley taste better... and ALSO have vitamians and stuff in it.. I might be switching.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 19:08

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%

I haven't tried whey protein powder, but I have tried the Atkins shake mix, which was truly awful (couldn't gag them down). And I've been told that whey protein powder tastes better than Atkins, which is soy-based.

Looks like no shakes for me!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 05:33
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/200/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/22
Progress: 0%
Talking

I actually love whey protein powder (as long as it's the isolate and not the concentrate). I find that the isolate mixes more smoothly and has a better flavour, I also look for ones not sweetened with asparatame which I find has a bad aftertaste. I use one of the big 5lb buckets each month, lots of easy protein, and its one of the few convenience items I use.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 06:59

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

The whey powder I buy is the first one that a) doesn't make me blech all day b) tastes really good.

You just have to find one you can live with

#6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 08:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208.5/196/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default I love it

I really do like the stuff. I buy just plain whey powder--no flavors or aspertame. It just tastes like milk or cream to me, so you have to add whatever flavor you want it to have: coffee, frozen strawberries, vanilla, etc. Plus, it's the only way I have my glutamine.

It's Biochem Ultimate Lo Carb Whey powder. I DON'T like that it's 17.99 for only 15 servings....
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 09:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I use Sisu Whey Protein Isolate. It has no flavour and you can vary the drinks to suit your mood. The cheapest I've found here in Vancouver is at Victoria's Health Foods at Lonsdale and 17th.

It's 40 bucks for a big cannister and works out less than a dollar a serving. Cheap when you consider that it's a meal.

Karen