Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/216/140 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Fell Off the Wagon

Well, I've officially done it. I've fallen off the wagon. I started to make little exceptions here and there and all of a sudden I'm doing it all the time. I'm fearful of weighing myself because I probably weigh the same as I did when I started. I ate a little ice cream, and then frozen custard, then it's ok to eat fried fish, chips, hushpuppies, cake and baked beans. This last week, has been the worst. I need to get back into the swing of things. I'm not going to have success at this rate. I'm really starting to hate the pooch in my stomach and other such areas. Any advice? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 07:32

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Just get back on track. What more can you do? Go shopping and purchase legal foods only and get some good recipes. Whenever I am craving ice cream or a cookie, I have a low carb version. They are satisfying and they do help with the cravings. If you could stand it, get back into induction for a while...atleast a couple of days. Remember, if this is going to be done for life, you can't let slip offs cause your down fall. Screw-ups are expected so just move on.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 08:04

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

You might find that doing 2 weeks of strict 'by the book' induction will help get rid of the cravings and get you back on plan.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 08:05

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

No worries... been there, done that! Like black 57 says, forget about it and get back on track... and I think the difficult thing for people (me included) to realize is that it's a *lifelong* change of eating habits, not a temporary diet.

However you decide to lose weight, either through Atkins or something else, it's something you have to be able to live with.

I've found that if I prepare meals in advance it really helps. I'm a huge fan of chicken and tuna salad, and I also make my own little sugar-free chocolate snacks. Anyway, this helps in two ways: 1st: I have tasty LC food (and snacks) available when I get hungry, and 2nd: These things take time to prepare, and I *hate* to see my cooking efforts wasted, so that helps a lot.

Again though, don't look backward. Look forward, and enjoy the journey... that's the best part! If you're like me, you might gain some powerful insights on the way.

Best wishes,
Mark
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 15:48
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you all so much! The encouragement is so helpful! What choc. do you eat? How much? MY doc just told me to do Atkins and cut out carbs, so I've not really done the whole induction thing. He just told me not eat milk or fruit. I kinda think I should at some point. I made it about 3 weeks. The 3rd week I started making small exceptions and like above one thing led to another. Wow, glad I have self-control over other things. Just kidding.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 15:57
Registered Member

BF:

P.S. I stopped visiting this site and I probably shouldn't have. I think coming here daily and posting really helps too! Glad to be back!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 15:59

Stats: 275/224/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

well I am at a stale I don't seem to have changed how I eat,,,,but I haven't lost as much weight as I thought I should have in one mnth....I only get weighed once a month and I feel like I have done well but I haven't been losing................could I be losing inches instead of weight... Any help will be appreciated.......I thought about going off atkins for a day or so and then start back up and the might kick start me again ??? I don't know what to do
Angel
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 16:02
Registered Member

Plan: no specific
Stats: 202/186/126 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 21%

you possible could have had an off day and weighed more - and if you weighed the next day you could have lost lb's! measure yourself from now on and whjen you get weighed so you can see if there is any difference.

you could also just be having a stall and they last 4 weeks i think so if it is a proper stall it should be over now

good luck
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 03:22

Stats: 275/224/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I didn't know it was normal to have a stall,,,,,,,,,I thought I was doing something wrong what is a proper stall??
Angel